38. Sectional is a Mess

──・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

           "Mr. Schuester, I have an announcement. I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at Sectionals," Rachel said, standing up as soon as Mr. Schue entered the choir room. I rolled my eyes at her words.

"Me first," Mr. Schue said to her, and she sat back down. "Two things. First, our competition at Sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. Now if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't. Dance. Which is why I've decided to feature Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance," Mr. Schue said, shocking everyone. I figured it would have been the same as every other time, Rachel would sing a solo then a duet with Finn. But this is so much better.

"Wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel asked, horrified at the thought.

"You're not getting a solo for this competition Rachel," Mr. Schue said.

"And this day just gets better and better," I say, with a laugh.

"Finally! So what song do I get to sing?" Mercedes asked.

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the leads," Mr. Schue said, and my smile fell. Sam and Quinn were going to sing together, I couldn't even sit through the first duet they did. How am I supposed to get through this one?

"Ken and Barbie?" Rachels asked, outraged. "Wait a-a-are are you trying to throw this?"

"You used to be just sort of unlikeable, but now, I pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth," Quinn said to Rachel.

"Okay, listen, I have talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly I haven't walked the walk. I mean, we have got a lot of talent here, and I'm gonna highlight it," Mr. Schue explained, and yeah it was about time.

"Do something," Rachel whispered to Finn in panic.

"Look, I'm all for," Finn said, pausing to figure out what to say. "pumping up the team, making everyone feel special, but that's for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out before the big game,"

"Yeah." Rachel agreed.

"Easy to say when you're the star quarterback," Tina pointed out. I wanted to put in my two scenes but what was I to say, that I didn't think Sam and Quinn should do the duet because the thought of them singing together makes me sick.

"This isn't just about me, this is about the team," Finn said.

"You are such a hypocrite," Santana said to him.