7. Single Ladies on the field

Start from the beginning

"Seriously Kurt," I say crossing my arms. I was starting to get angry and I'm not fully sure why. "Why haven't you told him"

I don't give him a chance to answer, "You know what, I ..." I stopped taking a deep breath "Have to get home" I finally said, heading up the stairs and out of Kurt's place.

           I was sitting in the choir room the next day waiting for glee practice to start. Kurt and Mercedes walked into the room and over to where I was standing away from the other Cheerios, watching them, Mainly Quinn. "And now my dad thinks I'm on the football team" Kurt was saying to Mercedes my guess explaining what happened to his house yesterday.

"That's tuff," Mercedes said "Any ideas Carrie"

"huh, What?" I said snapping out of my thoughts. "Hey, I think Quinn's avoiding me"

"What? No way?" Mercedes said looking over to Quinn as well.

"Every time I've tried to talk to her today she just ignores me and walks away," I say. Quinn's been avoiding Finn too, Did she learn about him kissing Rachel, did she out that I knew and didn't tell her.

"I wonder how that feels," Kurt said sarcastically. Ever since and left his house I had kind of been avoiding him just as Quinn was me.

"I should just go ask," I say, ignoring what Kurt had said. I walked toward Quinn as Mr. Schue came in and handed everyone a set of sheet music. 'Tonight' from the musical West Side Story, looks like Rachel gets another Solo except this isn't Rachel's key.

"Excuse me, this isn't the right key." Rachel said realizing the same thing I just had.

"No. It's actually the right key." Mr. Schue said to Rachel handing Finn his copy of the sheet music.

"No, no, this is the alto part." Rachel said, still thinking she was going to the lead.

"Yep. Tina's doing the solo." Mr. Schue said. 'Yay Tina' I thought.

"I'm sorry, there must be some sort of mix up. I thought I made it very clear that anything from "West Side Story" goes to me. Maria is my part! Natalie Wood was a Jew, you know. I've had a very deep, personal connection to this role since the age of one." Rachel said, I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Well, I'm trying to shake things up a bit. Get us out of our boxes." Mr. Schue said to her, not happy with her attitude.

"You're trying to punish me." Rachel said

"I think you're being irrational." Mr. Schue said

"I think you're being unfair!" Rachel snapped

"I think you're being unfair to Tina, who might have been happy about getting her first solo." Mr. Schue said to Rachel.

"Tina knows how much I respect her and I think she would agree with me that she's not ready for such an iconic role as Maria." Rachel said. I can't help but laugh, Rachel turned to glare at me.

"You don't respect Tina, You don't respect any of us, you're just upset that you're not always going to be the star," I say to her. "Tina will do great"

"Wait... I'm a Jet?" Mercedes interjected, breaking up the tension in the room. Rachel huffed and stormed out of the room.

"The more times she storms out of rehearsal, the less impact it has," Artie said, everyone, nodding in agreement.

"Congratulations, Tina. This is going well." Mr. Schue said.

Practice ended. I was going to go talk to Quinn, When Kurt stopped me "Carrie" He said "Whyever you're upset about, you need to tell me. I could use your help"