Chapter 56

>BE APART OF THE SYSTEM THAT HAS BEEN DEMMED AS "FUCKED"<

My eyes stung from the threat of tears as I was lead out. God, was this embarrassing. It wasn't exactly dark out yet, so our neighbors could of easily seen this happen. I cursed under my breath when the shorter one pushed me into the truck.

"Come on freak show, we don't got all day."

"Leave the kid alone Lee. He's had enough."

"You ain't no judge. Who are you to tell me how ta' handle this? He's a criminal wit' a dark past. We don't gotta treat him like da' queen."

"Whatever. Just close the doors and let's go."

Lee slammed the back doors shut, cutting out any light that was to get in. Now I was in complete darkness.

Once the truck started, I really had gotten to reflect on the following events prior to this moment right here. Everything was just so... so screwd up. I've put Karkat through hell and back multiple times, along with the other people around me. To be honest, I'm sick of it all. Though, I really dont have a way out. I'll forever be stuck in this unforgiving cycle of regreat and ridicule.

I laid on my side, and closed my eyes, hoping I could just block it all out for a little while. It seems the only comfort I have lately is in my sleep. The truck must of hit a pot hole because I was lunched up from my spot and ended up hitting my head on the cold metal floor bed of the vehicle. I groaned softly, and curled a bit. Not like there was anything else to do.

That definitely had some symbolism in it. Trying to forgot for a little while then bam, psyche, reality just came back and everything fucking sucks as usual, but at least you have your own mind to count on. Sometimes.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I was checked back into the ward and was currently in a surveilled room with a metallic table and chairs. I wore the gray jumpsuit-thing that was issued to every "patient" of this facility, and thankfully had the straight jacket off again. The googles and mask I had when I originally came here were no longer given to me , which is a relief truly.

The light above me was a bit too bright, and must of been some sort of heat lamp because I'm burning up. I pulled on the collar of my shirt in an attempt to cool myself off, but it was fruitless at best.

Directly across from me was a large steel door. They always seem to have those here, though this one was ridiculously large. It took up almost half the wall. Pointless door. What am going to do? Try to break out? I stared, patiently waiting for whoever it was to enter the room. What do they want to know exactly? I know I didn't do anything wrong... well not what they are pinning on me. Why were they accusing me for my father's killing of my mother? I was out cold while it happened.

This doesn't make much sense, and I doubt it will.

After a what felt like an eternity, the heavily bolted door creaked open. A person I didn't recognize walked in. They were a male human, who wore a black suit and had and a brown briefcase. They looked like someone important. Not that I gave a shit about it.

"So, you're the kid, huh? You don't look very menacing." The man spoke in a deep, monotonous voice that echoed through the room.

I stayed quiet with my eyes closed. He had stayed where he was, expecting some sort of smart ass reply, but was surely disappointed by my silence. I noticed this in his expression change. He let out a slight sigh and took the seat across from me.

"I viewed the tape they uncovered from the crime scene. You sure don't seem at all like the psycho I saw murder his father. Are you sure you don't have an evil twin running around here?" This guy is pretty fucking terrible at making jokes.