Chapter 37

I was panicking now. I'm fucked. I'll come back for this stuff later. I shoved the two bags under my bed and headed toward the window but- fuck it's boarded up. I started ripping at the boards until I heard the door creak open. That's when I was frozen completely.

"Son! You've come home." My mother bellowed with a wicked grin that sent a shiver down my spine.

"Leaving so soon?" My father turned me around.

"Let go of me!" I pushed him off, which turned out to be a bad idea because he knocked me on my ass with one swipe of my feet.

"You don't speak to your father in such a tone. I should punish you for that, but since we are meeting for the first time in five years, I think we can make an exception." He picked me up by the collar of my shirt. "Or not."

"What the fuck diid ii ever do two you two de2erve thii2?"

"You betrayed us son. You chose yourself over what you were always meant to be. You were a born killer Sollux. You know exactly what you need to do, how to hide or place a body, how to steal the money, but you wanted to stop because it was 'killing you on the inside'. You are a waste of talent." My mother spoke behind my father.

"You are 2ome 2iick 2on2 of biitche2." I glared at them. I resent their very existence.

After my little comment, a hand was placed around my throat and my eyes widened. He squeezed and I started coughing.

My psionics flared and I grit my teeth. "Put me down or you'll regret thii2!!" I choked out and started clawing at my fathers wrist. Soon enough, I drew blood... gold blood. Gold? But mine is mustard yellow not gold...

"You little shit! Hun, get me the needle!"

I started squirming and trying to push away, but by the time I finally pulled his hand off, my mother came at me with the needle.

Suddenly my sight became hazy. I was already weak enough from the choke hold, but this got the rest of me. Within a matter of seconds I was collapsed to the floor. I spoke the last thing I could muster...

"Don't hurt hiim.."

The last thing I remember was their response.

"Oh we won't hurt him... too much."