Chapter 22

>BE GUY WHO'S ANGRY AS HELL AT HIS FORMER FRIENDS<

I was so sick of these assholes. God, do they tick me off. I'm so pissed off, that in shaking.

"karkat listen, we didn't mean anything by it, we were just pranking h-"

"I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING HEAR IT!" Their words meant nothing to me at this point. "DO YOU REALIZE THAT THERE ARE LIMITS ON THINGS YOU CAN'T EXCEED. LINES THAT SHOULD NOT CROSS. BUT YOU GUYS TOTALLY DISREGARDED THAT DAMN LINE. THAT WAS A SICK PRANK, AND WAS NOT FUNNY BY ANY MEANS!"

The crowd fell silent. My knuckles were turning a lighter shade of grey from clenching my fists so tightly.

"IF EITHER OF YOU PULL ANOTHER SHITFACED STUNT LIKE *THAT* AGAIN, YOUR ASSES WILL BE PUT IN THE GODDAMN HOSPITAL. WHEN PEOPLE ASK YOU WHAT HAPPENED, YOUR SHAME WILL BE SO GREAT, YOU'LL MAKE UP SOME OTHER BULLSHIT STORY BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO EMBARRASSED TO SAY A NUBBY HORNED TROLL KICKED YOU ASS."

John blinked at me. I've never spoken to him this way before, except for one time previous, but I didn't mean it then. This time though- oh this fucking time- I couldn't mean it more. I've had enough of their shit.

"NOW, IF ALL OF YOU CAN MOVE OUT OF MY WAY, THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL. I DON'T HAVE MAGICAL EYE POWER SHIT TO MOVE YOU FUCKERS."

There was a pathway made and I took it. I sprinted over to the doors and ran out of the building. Just as I did this, the bell rung, signaling it was time for everyone to get to class, but of course I ignored it. My top priority was to find Sollux.

Just as I was at my wits end with searching for him, I found myself across the street from a park. No- correction- THE park. And Sollux... he was there. On a swing. He had an expression that made even my heart ache a little. I've never, in my life, have EVER seen him so... sad. Yeah, he's been upset about scrapping his knee or something, but then he was given a red and blue bandaid or some shit and a juice box and he'd was back to normal. But this... this was genuine sadness. Depression even.

I crossed the street to get a better look at him. I stopped at the protective fence that wrapped around the perimeter of the park. I focused my attention on him and a frown developed on my lips.

Tears... was he crying? He had to be. His cheeks were shinny and a slight tint of yellow so that was the only explanation. That horrible prank really got to him...

"SOLLUX..." I couldn't help seeing like this. My feet must of had a mind of their own because I didn't remember walking over to him until I was standing before him.

He sniffled and rubbed his eyes, "hii KK... iim not cryiing... ii ju2t had 2omethiing iin my eye."

"BOTH OF YOUR EYES?" I said before I could stop myself.

"... 2hut up.."

"SOLLUX COME ON..."

He was silent for a moment. He pushed his glasses back over his now puffy eyes before he looked up at me. "Do you realiize how much that hurt me..? ii loved AA... 2he wa2 the only one who truly under2tood me iin that damn hou2ehold... 2he wa2 my fiir2t be2t friiend.. and knowiing that ii wa2 the one who kiilled her... the one who made her exii2tence cea2e... iit kiill2 me.." His voice trailed off. More yellow tears welled in his eyes.

My god... I hadn't even realized how bad something like this could effect him. I couldn't stand this and longer. I quickly went over to him and hugged him tightly. I didn't care that I was practically sitting in his lap...

He eventually wrapped his shaky arms around me and hugged me back just as tightly.

I wasn't planning on letting him go anytime soon. And I didn't. We must of stayed like that for at least a half an hour. I didn't pull away from him until he had finally stopped trembling.

"KK..." Sollux's voice was steady once again. "thank you.. for everythiing... you're an amaziing friiend.."

"NO NEED TO THANK ME, SOLLUX. I... I CARE ABOUT YOU. YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND EVER SINCE WE WERE LITTLE... I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR YOU."

And this was true. I would do anything for him. I don't care. Call it ridiculous, call it reckless, call it stupid. Call it whatever you damn well please... but the only name I will address this as is a flushed crush...