Chapter 54

>HAVE A SHORT FEELINGS JAM/PITY PARTY WITH YOURSELF AS KARKAT GOES TO SCHOOL AND YOU STAY HOME, THEN EAT BREAKFAST<

I came back from the hospital yesterday evening. I was now laying in Karkat's room, staring up at the ceiling, reflecting on what has happened.

Of course this would happen. Why wouldn't it? My life is already a complete disaster, why not add some icing to the cake of this shit pile.

Forcing Karkat to choose where I end up is terrible. He has to choose between what's right, or what's not entirely correct. I mean, mentally I'm pretty stable, and I intend on staying this way. Physically, I'm recovering. My emotions are not really on my side these days, however.

But we don't need to go into that. Why waste more time talking about my pathetic existence?

Ugh here I go with the self loathing thing, way to make an appeal.

ANYWAY, after sulking in my own pit of despair, I decided to get my ass up and walk to the kitchen.

After searching around a bit, I stumbled upon some Honey Nut Cheerios. Oh hell no. I am sick of honey. All kinds of it. Never again will I even so much as have a taste of it. So I simply put the box away out of my sight and grabbed some other supply of human garbage they call nourishment. Snap crackle pop. Cereal...? Fine, whatever this'll do.

I poured myself a bowl and got some milk out of the fridge to add to it. After putting all else away and grabbing out a spoon, I sat down and tried it.

Wow it actually does make popping sounds. I wonder what kind of chemicals they used to make THAT happen. It's pop rocks all over again.

Not that I know anything about pop rocks.

It was about eleven in the morning now, and I was stuffing my face with milk and carbohydrates. Sounds like an ideal way to spend a morning.

"so+llux, ho+w are yo+u feeling this mo+rning?" Porrim walked in, fully dressed and looking just as fancy as ever. Everyday it looks like she's about to go to a dinner party or something.

"ii've been better." I spoke in a quiet tone.

"Did yo+u take yo+ur medicine yet?"

I shook my head.

"Yo+u were serio+usly injured, So+llux. If Karkat were here, he'd thro+w a fit. Yo+u need to+ take yo+ur medicine."

I groaned and got up, then dragged my feet over to the bathroom. I opened the medicine cabinet that had a mirror on the door and grabbed out my prescription. I took out the proper dosage and grabbed out a little Dixie cup out, filled it with water, and took the medicine. After putting the bottle back, I closed the cabinet. When I looked in the mirror again, I froze. My eyes widened at the sight.

Something was there... a grotesque silhouette of what used to be man. The only parts of his body that weas left untouched were their teeth and eyes. They had no odor, though they looked as if they should. It seemed their skin was composed of some sort of ember. i recognized this horrible creature though. It would be impossible not to, for this creature was my father.

He stared at me. His entire body was to be burned to a crisp. If I dared to touch him, I wouldn't doubt he'd fall into a pile of ash. Despite the extreme burns I could definitely tell it was him. The murderous look in his eye that practically paralyzed me in my spot, the twisted smile that stretched from ear to ear...

I couldn't of been more terrified. No, this wasn't one of those images where if you blink hard enough it would go away.... no... He wasn't leaving.

In fact, he was coming closer... and closer...

He was silent as he approached me. I watched him through the mirror, unable to turn around.... not that I would want to. I tried to speak but no words seemed to come out. My mouth was horribly dry and it felt as if my tongue was made of rubber.

He reached out a brittle hand and touched my shoulder...

That's when I passed out.

=========

"So+llux" I could hear Porrim say, but it was muffled and distorted. She repeated my name one more times before the sound focused in. My eyes opened slowly and as I expected my sight was blurred. After blinking a few times I could tell my location had changed; I was now situated on the couch in the living room. There was a harsh pounding in the back of my head.

"What.... what happened.." I asked wearily.

"Yo+u fainted in the bathro+o+m after saying so+me o+dd wo+rds." Porrim came into view. She was sitting at my side.

"2trange word2?" I inquired, " what kiind of '2trange word2' diid ii 2ay?"

Porrim paused, as if she were thinking of whether or not she should tell me.

Finally after a few minutes of silence, she spoke, "Yo+u screamed fo+r someone to+ no+t to+uch y+ou."

So I did speak.

"Ho+ld on. Let me check yo+ur medicine." Porrim left the room and walked out with the orange bottle. She read the label carefully.

"Side effects may cause drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, hallucinatio+ns.... Well I think we need to+ lo+o+k no+ further. Yo+u must o+f hallucinated."

"iit felt 2o real..." I sat up, feeling dizzy.

"O+ften hallucinatio+ns are."

"Can we agree on 2omethiing...?"

"What is that?"

"Let'2 NOT tell kk about thii2."

Porrim pondered this. She was obviously thinking of how an event such as this would effect Karkat.

"Agreed."

The phone rang and Porrim got up, going to answer it. She introduced yourself as the one answering the call and paused a moment. The call was short and brief, though the information that was given was unbelievable. She grew angry about what she heard. I can tell in her facial expression.

"So+llux." Porrim turned, her jade colored eyes looking directly at me. "That was the lawyer. He said that the co+urt is blaming yo+u fo+r the deaths o+f the peo+ple yo+ur parents had killed..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Anyone going to New York Comicon tomorrow? (10-12-14)