Chapter 53

>SIT BESIDE YOUR MATESPRIT AND WAIT FOR HIM TO WAKE UP<

Well look where we ended up again. In same place as a couple weeks ago. Same places too, except minus gun shot wounds.

Sollux received several stitches in multiple places. He had been numbed during this so he hadn't felt a thing, which I was thankful for. He had sleeping for a couple hours now, and I have been sitting here, waiting for his lazy ass to wake up.

I've been here for quite some time now. As inpatient as I may be, I away waited for him. I'd say it's been almost four hours now? I don't know. Time isn't really something I was ever good at keeping track of.

---------

I had dosed off in my chair for about and hour or so. Something woke me up. Someone's voice. It was familiar and it had gone along with the dream I was having until my shoulder was shaken.

"kk?" I heard Sollux's voice.

"HUH... OH LOOK, YOU'RE UP."

"Yeah... you are two."

"I JUST TOOK A NAP."

"No ii mean... you're aliive riight now... and there'2 no more threat2..." Sollux's expression softened into a slight smile.

"HEH YEAH... HOW ARE YOU FEELING? YOU KNOW..." I pointed at my own head, but was referring to Sollux's.

"Everythiing 2eem2 fiine now. Hone2tly ii don't even know exactly how that happened but iif you weren't there two 2nap me out of iit... god ii don't even know what would've happened."

I had time to think of this. I don't ever remember exactly what happened before I woke up,but at first it just seemed like a bad nightmare. Sollux and his father never seemed so similar before. Both of them laughing like a couple of hyenas. Their movements so close to one another's. I woke up for part of their fight so I don't know what happened before. At one point I thought Sollux was dead because of the severe wound his father inflicted upon him. But when he got up, I wasn't sure what to think. The way he tugged his head back with that wicked laugh of his still brought me chills just thinking about it, genes the reason I just shivered.

"kk? Heelloooo? Earth two kk, are you iin there?" Sollux had been trying to get my attention why waving his hand. I blinked out of my daze and looked at him.

"Welcome back." Sollux looked at me- well I think he's looking at me- and smiled a little.

"SHUT UP I ZONED OUT."

"ii know." Sollux still had that goofy smile of his. He held his arms out for me, silently requesting a hug. He wasn't sitting up either, no. Make me practically lay on him. Smart move, Mr, Stitches.

I got up out of my chair and sat at his bedside, then leaned down to hug him. I felt his arms wrap around me as mine did the same carefully around him.

"What diid they 2ay about my dad.." Sollux whispered to me. Now I knew why he wanted me to be like this.

"HE WAS PRONOUNCED LEGALLY DEAD THE YESTERDAY. THEY ARE GOING TO CREMATE HIM IN A DAY OR SO." I whispered back.

"And what of me?" more whispering.

"THEY ARE SAYING SELFDEFENSE, BUT SINCE I WAS THE ONLY EYE WITNESS, THEY WANT ME TO APPEAR IN YOUR COURT SESSION."

He tensed up at the last part. He knew it would come to this. We both did. It's been known for the past couple days. Its scary for us both.

I basically had to chose his fate. He either has to spend another five years in the psych ward, or he'll be here with me free of charge.... The second one sounds like the ideal pick right? Well the way to get to that choice is difficult. I have to lie in front of an entire jury or tell them EXACTLY what I saw.

Others that aren't seeing from my prospective would probably say something like 'Karkat you should totally pick the second choice! You love him right? Do that!' But listen you inconsiderate asshats, this decision is not that fucking easy!

I have to choose his fate... what ever I decide will either make or break him...

But if I'm caught in a lie, what happens then? What happens to me, and what will they do with him?

This is so frustrating...

What the hell should I do?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

Hey guys. I'd like to apologizes for the lack of updates. Between school starting up, recovering from my recent trip to Paris, health issues, lack of time and motivation, AND my wattpad app deleting everything I write every time I try to update it... Well you get the idea. Hopefully, I'll be getting some more updates out soon and finish this up so my upcoming stories can make way.

-Pollux