Chapter 28

>BE THE TROLL WHO'S GOING TO ASK HIS FLUSHED CRUSH AN IMPORTANT QUESTION<

For the first time in what seemed to be forever, I was actually happy. The void is no longer weighing me down at this very moment. I looked into Karkat's red and orange eyes and smiled. Not some stupid fake smile, no, an actual one. That's a first.

My hand, which was still holding Karkat's, started to get a bit sweaty, but neither of us cared.

A thought suddenly came to my mind. 'ask him already!'

I took a deep breath and held his gaze once more. "KK?"

"YES. I WILL BE YOUR MATESPIRT." he said, as if reading my mind.

I laughed a little and hugged Karkat. He hugged me back tightly.

Suddenly it started drizzling. We were so caught up being lovey dovey, we hadn't realized the clouds that loomed above us. The sun had set so it was pretty darker now.

"Well 2hiit. I gue22 thii2 ii2 our cue two get the fuck out of here."

We both laugh and climb down. After that, we hastily made our way out of the woods.

The rain started to pick up and we ran out into the street. Surprisingly, there weren't many cars out. At this point, he and I were both drenched with rain water. I pulled Karkat close and smiled.

"Liike one of your moviie2 yet?"

"GETTING THERE." Karkat smiled a little.

I smiled back and leaned down, then gently kissed him. His arms wrapped around my neck and mine around his waist. Kissing in the rain was pretty cliché, but I didn't care. I could only assume he didn't either.

After about a minute or so, we both finished our run home. When we walked in, Porrim shot us a glance.

"Where were yo+u?"

"WE TOOK A WALK AND IT STARTED RAINING."

"Karkat? Are yo+u felling alright? Yo+u haven't sto+pped smiling since yo+u've walked in."

"OH... I PUSHED SOLLUX INTO A PUDDLE AND HE GOT ALL WET. NOW HES GRUMPY."

I caught onto the lie and went along with it. "My damn 2ock2 are 2oaked and iit make2 a weiird 2quii2hiing 2ound a2 ii walk." This part wasn't a lie, my shoe was making that sound.

"OH GET OVER IT DRAMA QUEEN." Karkat nudged me and I crossed my arms.

Porrim studied our faces. She didn't look convinced. "Yo+u guys kiss o+r so+mething?"

"WHAT??" The look of embarrassment on both our faces gave it away.

"Tho+ught so+. Yo+u guys want pizza?"

Karkat blinked. "UH, YEAH."

"O+kay." She went to go call the pizzeria.

"Wow. ii wa2nt exceptiing iit two go that 2moothly."