Chapter 24

>BE THE KID WHO ALMOST FELL OFF THE BRANCH AFTER HIS FLUSHED CRUSH SAID YES TO A DATE<

I couldn't believe it. He said yes to the date. I wasn't sure if I was excited or nervous or what, but I almost fell off the branch when he agreed. He was the one who steadied me actually. The both of us laughed at my sudden spastic episode, and climbed down.

On the way home, we stopped at some random bakery thing and picked up a few bagels to eat, since we didn't eat breakfast.

A few hours had gone by at this point in time. Sollux went back to sleep because he was still pretty tired. I don't blame him.

I was sitting at my desk, watching a human romcom on my crabtop. "50 First Dates" I believe the title was.

Sollux began to stir just as the movie ended. I stood up and walked over to him.

"SOLLUX? ARE YOU AWAKE?"

"They're iin the pantry..." he mumbled.

"WHAT? NO- WAKE UP. "

"But there ii2nt anymore left." Sollux had his face buried in the pillow. I face-palmed.

"CAPTOR. ASS. UP. NOW." I shook his shoulder.

"Fuckiing- dammiit-" he noticed it was me, "oh, hii KK." He said groggily.

"YEAH HI. IT'S JUST ABOUT TIME TO GO. GET UP OR YOURE GOING TO MISS IT." I kept a grumpy attitude to not show my actually excitement.

Sollux got up eventually and proceeded to get ready. The sun was just about to set and I kept telling him to hurry up. I didn't want to miss this because he was being lazy.

"LET'S GO." I grabbed his hand impatiently and dragged him out the door. I set a mental course towards the woods and pulled him along with me.

"Hey KK?"

"YEAH?"

"ii2 thii2 a date..?"

I paused. A light blush developed on my face and I looked away. "I UM... I DON'T KNOW.."

"Well we ARE holdiing hand2... iit kiind of 2eem2 liike iit."

God is his lisp adorable...

My blush grew a darker shade of red and I tried to collect myself. How the hell was he so calm?

We reached the forest and this time Sollux lead the way. I finally calmed down and followed him to the tree. We climbed back up the tree and sat up on the branch.

I stole a few glances at him before I scooted a bit closer. I wasn't entirely sure if Sollux felt the same way... but I l was willing to take a chance.

"The viiew up here ii2 amaziing.."

"YEAH.. IT REALLY IS." I sighed quietly.

Sollux looked at me. He seemed pretty relaxed, which mad me relax a little. He placed his hand over mine, which seemed to purposely this time. I was a bit more prepared this time though.

Our fingers were now twinned together, and we were barely an inch apart. We just sat there- watching the sun begin setting. It was truly an amazing sight.

"KK." Sollux turned himself to face me. The light from the sun highlighted his face, giving his a golden glow. "ii ju2t wanted two tell you how awe2ome you've been... for helpiing me and ju2t everythiing. Thank you."

"YOU DON'T NEED TO THANK ME SOLLUX. I HAD SOME HELP IN FINDING YOU... I'M JUST GLAD YOU'RE HERE THOUGH. I THOUGHT FOR A WHILE I'D NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN."

"That would of been hell. Beiing there wa2 terriible. Thank god you 2ent me a letter. Remiind me two thank that teacher of your2." He laughed a bit. "but 2eriiou2ly. All you've been ii2 niice two me.. ii don't know iif ii'll ever be able two repay you for thii2."

"SOLLUX SHUT UP, YOU DONT NEED TO REPAY ME. I DID THIS BECAUSE I MISSED YOU. YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON WHO REALLY GOT ME... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?"

"ii do." he nodded. He then took a deep breath, pausing. He made sure he had my gaze and held it. "lii2ten, ii have 2omethiing two tell you..." he had serious expression.

This worried me. "WHAT IS IT..?"

"ii probably 2hould of told you a2 2oon a2 ii knew iit but... KK ii.... iim red for you."

My heart practically skipped a beat. Did I just hear that correctly?? Is he bullshitting me?? "IS THIS REAL, OR ARE YOU JUST FUCKING AROUND?"

"iif thii2 wa2n't real, would ii do thii2?" Before I could say anything, or even react, Sollux had pulled me into a deep, passionate kiss... just like in one of my romcoms... I was blushing furiously when he pulled away.

"N-NO... I G-GUESS NOT..." I stammered out and pulled the turtle neck of my sweater over my face. This proved to be a waste of time to do though, because he pulled it back down off my face. I mumbled something.

"What wa2 that?"

I mumbled again.

"KK ii can't hear when you talk liike that."

".... RED FOR YOU TOO..."