Chapter 12

>BE THE BORED BOY IN SCIENCE CLASS<

It's been about a day since I wrote that letter and I've become really curious as to who it might be. It's probably no one I know, but it's still interesting.

At this point, I completely zoned out in my thoughts. Next period was English and I was a bit excited, hopefully the letters came in.

The bell rung and I packed up quickly, then got up and bolted out the door. I made my way to English and sat down in my seat.

"Hello class! Some of the letters came in today!"

With that, my mood perked up a bit. I watched as the teacher began handing them out. When she stopped in front of my desk and handed me mine, she spoke quietly so only I could hear.

"I think you'll be happy with the outcome." she winked and continued handing them out.

My eyebrows furrowed. I unfolded the letter and began to read. My eyes grew wide and I clasped a hand over my mouth.

"OH MY GOD..." I mumbled quietly to myself. It's him... I thought... I thought I'd never hear from him again! I need to see him...

I raised my hand. "MISS. HEIGHTMEN? CAN I GO TO THE NURSE? I HAVE A HEADACHE."

"Sure thing, Karkat. Let me just write you a pass, here." She filled out a pass and held it out to me.

I got up and grabbed the pass and headed out the door with my stuff. I didn't really have a headache, but I needed an excuse to get picked up. Sure headaches aren't a very good one, unless you milk it out a bit.

"Hello! What seems to be the purroblem?" Mrs. Leijon, the school nurse, looked up at me.

"CAN I CALL MY AUNT? MY HEAD HURTS AND I CANT CONCENTRATE IN CLASS BECAUSE OF IT."

"Oh but of course! Go right ahead!" She said cheerfully and a bit loudly.

I picked up the phone and dialed the number into the dial pad. I waited for her to answer.

"Hello+?"

"PORRIM COME PICK ME UP."

"Why sho+uld I co+me pick yo+u up?"

"IT'S IMPORTANT, JUST PLEASE COME GET ME. I'LL EXPLAIN LATER."

"Alright fine, but yo+u better have a go+o+d explanatio+n fo+r this."

I hung up and turned to Mrs. Leijon. "SHES COMING TO GET ME."

"Alright! Have a seat." She pointed to a chair that was against the wall.

I'd say about fifteen minutes later, Porrim finally showed up and signed me out. We walked out to the car and sat inside. She didn't start the car up yet though, and just looked at me.

"O+kay, what's so+ impo+tant that I had to co+me and pick yo+u up?"

"I NEED YOU TO TAKE ME TO THE PSYCH WARD ACROSS TOWN."

"Lo+o+k, I kno+w yo+u do+nt like this scho+o+l, but yo+u do+nt need-"

"NOT FOR ME! IM PERFECTLY FUCKING SANE! AND... I KNOW SOMEONE IN THERE IS TOO.."

"Karkat what do+ yo+u mean?"

"PORRIM, I GOT A LETTER FROM SOLLUX. I *NEED* TO SEE HIM."

Porrim paused. She then put the key into the ignition and put the car in drive. "We'll be there in ten minutes."