[36] Back for good

Start from the beginning

"You've never been trouble honey, now get yourself ready, dressed and get over here, both of you." She hangs up the phone

"See?" I turn to Aubrey with a grin

"You didn't have to out me like that." she giggles and crawls over me, getting out of the bed. "I best get ready." 

"You've got half an hour," I call after her. 

Aubrey's POV:

We arrive at the party with time to spare, lots of people are still arriving, but the house is already very full. Easton slides his hand into mine and I feel my body relax. I know he claims his family doesn't hate me, and I've heard it for myself but I'm still a little on edge at this point. 

We make our way out the back where everything is set up ready for the baby shower, things like games, a food table, a present table and a little play area for those that already have kids 

"Aubrey, you're here!" Amara yells with a smile as she makes her way over and throws her arms around me. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Hey." I return the hug and pull back with a soft smile "Thanks for letting me come." 

"Of course, don't be silly." she smiles "Come and say hello, everyone is excited to see you." 

We make our way over to the rest of the family, everyone is here, Angie, Caleb, and Damon included. "Look who's here." Amara smiles and everyone turns their attention to us 

"Aubrey, hey honey." Shay gives me a hug 

Easton and I make our way around the group, saying our hellos and giving hugs like always, everything feels the same. I was stupid to think they'd think any differently of me, I was gone for a week, and we hadn't officially broken up either, of course everything is the same. 

"Aubrey." Caleb says softly "Can we talk to you for a moment?" 

"Uh, yeah sure." I nod and make my way over to the three of them 

"Baby girl I'm so sorry." Angie says sadly "I wanted to tell you about the Cobras but it wasn't my place and I-"

"Don't worry about it." I give her a soft smile "I was upset, but I'm okay now, I don't want to hold any grudges or continue to be upset with any of you, it's not worth it, life is too short." 

"Oh baby." she pulls me into her arms giving me a hug 

"I wish you had of come back to us, rather than staying at the crappy hotel," Damon adds 

"Were you the one sent to follow me?" I ask with a grin 

"Easton told you?" He asks surprised 

"Easton and I aren't keeping things from each other anymore, we're being open about everything." I smile and turn my attention to Caleb who is watching Romee with a smile on his face as she interacts with people 

"I see you guys are still a thing." I nudge him softly 

"Yeah, she's a great girl, I'm lucky to have met her." 

"You might want to be careful, her brother and cousin own guns." I tease him.

It was nice to talk with Angie and sort everything out, the last thing I want to do is throw everything they have done for me back in their faces. In the entire time I have known them, this is the first and only thing they've ever do that's hurt me, other than that they've looked after me like I'm their own, so to hold a grudge would be wrong.