[20] Cryin' in the club

I spent the night in my office, but I didn't do much sleeping. I'd sworn to myself that I wouldn't sleep with Scarlett anymore, but as usual, she was there and she was offering. And Aubrey had slept with Caleb, so I have nothing to feel bad about. 

I woke up with Scarlett still next to me and roll my eyes. "Leave." I tell her as I stand up from the couch and find my clothing, pulling it back on. 

Scarlett gets up and pulls her dress back on, then exits via the office door. At the same time she exits, Amara makes her way in, glaring at Scarlett as she does.

"Please tell me you didn't sleep with her." she sighs 

"Yes Amara I did, and I don't feel bad about it, you know why? Because Aubrey fucked Caleb." 

"So you're trying to get back at her? Easton, I know you didn't mean the things you said to push her away and I know you didn't want to have to push her away in the first place, but she doesn't know that, you can't hold this against her." 

"I know." I sigh softly and sit down at the desk. "Fuck, I'm such a mess, maybe everyone was right about me, maybe I'm not fit to be the leader of the Cobras."

"Easton-" 

"Getting mad and sleeping with a woman isn't going to help our situation, is it? If what's been leaked is true, we could be in real trouble here."

"We all know what to do if it happens East, we're all trained, we're all on guard, we all know what to do, so for now, just try and control your emotions, we'll be okay." 

"You should be the one in this chair, not me." 

"I don't want the chair, it's yours, it's always been yours." She leans against the desk next to me. "I was thinking, maybe taking dad's advice on what to do about Aubrey wasn't the right thing to do."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because it's hurting you, so it wasn't your choice." She shrugs "If you could do it over again, what would you do using only what comes from your head?" 

"If they're after us, and me and there is a chance they may already know about her, I would have chosen to have her come and stay with me, pull her closer rather then push her away, no one can protect her better than I can."

"So that's your answer boss." She smiles softly "You should have followed what you felt was right, not listen to dad because now you're unhappy and she's unhappy and she's no safer alone." 

"You sure you don't want the chair?" I ask with a small grin "You're good at this."

"No thanks." She laughs and pushes her body off the desk. "We're all going out to have a few drinks, and Aubrey will be at work tonight if you want to come?"

"Is that a good idea? The damage has already been done."

"The choice is yours, you know where we'll be." 

I arrive at the club at around 8 PM. It's unusual for Aubrey to work nights, but if she told Amara she was then I'm sure she is. As I walk into the bar I spot my family standing around the pool table, my eyes are drawn to them right away as they are the loudest people in the place. 

I reach the table and everyone is here, Amara, Nate, Leo, Evie, Reid, Emi, Claire, even Romee is here. Then I spot the last person in the world I want to see, Caleb fucking Williams. Fucking asshole. 

"Sup Easton." He nods his head back with a smirk on his face. 

I get it asshole, you fucked my girl, fuck off before I knock your teeth out.