[10] Office

"No, it can't be, i-is that you Easton?" Nate asks dramatically as he enters my office

"Funny." I roll my eyes and turn my attention to him. "How's everything been here?"

"Fine." He shrugs "Nothing to report, how are things at the bar?"

"Good, I fired Justin for being an asshole to the girls again, but fine." I nod 

"The girls? Because from what I hear it was your new friend Aubrey who he upset and you fired him on the spot."

"Come on man, you know he's been giving the girls shit for ages." 

"Yeah, and you didn't do a thing about it until it was Aubrey." He smirks 

"Is there a point to this?" I ask in a huff

"Not at all." He shrugs and takes a seat on my office lounge "Are you going to be at the bar again this week or here?"

"I'll be wherever I'm needed, do you need me here?" 

"Not at all, everything has been running smoothly here, the drugs have been coming in and out as has the ammo, nothing to report." 

"Good." I nod "This is why you're my second in command." 

"How have things been with the Russians? Any further word?"

"Nothing to report." He shrugs "No further word at this point, but I think the boys' little visit last month is enough to keep them away." 

"Let's hope so, I really don't want to be taking on other peoples issues." 

"You're the big boss now mate, I don't envy you."

"Don't remind me." I laugh and turn back to my computer screen.

"Hey boss man." Leo grins as he enters the office 

"Sup." I nod in his direction and get back to reading the document on the screen in front of me.

"Can you fit me into your busy schedule this weekend? Or did you forget all about my party?" 

"Shit." I look up from the screen. "I forgot" I admit "But it's fine Aubrey has been helping me move shifts around at the bar so I'll have enough staff to cover." 

"Aubrey huh?" Leo smirks "We hear you've been spending a lot of time with her, she seems like a nice girl." 

"She is a nice girl, too nice for me if that's what you're getting at." 

"I wasn't getting at anything." He holds his hands up in surrender. "So I was thinking."

"Does it hurt?" I raise a brow as I look at the screen once more

"Ha, funny." He rolls his eyes "I'll have the party at your place." 

"Like hell you will." My eyes shoot back to him

"Why not? Your house is way bigger than mine and if I have it at my place Mum will freak out about things getting broken and blah, blah, blah, please man, help a brother out." 

I let out a deep breath and roll my eyes "This is the last nice thing I ever do for you, and I'm only doing it because for some reason my cousin as chosen to be in love with you."

"Aw come on man, you love me as well, don't deny it." He laughs

"I want numbers and names, this isn't a free for all, people we know and trust only, got it?" 

"Loud and clear boss." 

The rest of the day drags on much the same, people popping in and out of my office annoying me while I'm trying to work. Sometimes I wonder if I'm going to have any hair left in two years time, but this is my family legacy and this is what I was born to do, hard or easy, I've got this.