Epilogue

Author: Happy New Year's, everyone! (Although, I'm sure New Year's is already over for most of you guys...) You guys probably weren't expecting this. I kinda missed this story and I saw that someone requested an epilogue. So, I thought "Why not?"

This is a short epilogue for Jack's ending only. I will NOT be writing an epilogue for Pitch's ending.

BTW, I have recently started writing a Miraculous x reader story. If you are a Miraculous fan and you are interested, here is the link:

Anyways, enjoy!

__________

'This looks like the place...' You thought to yourself as you examined the tall building. Next to it was a sign that read 'Hospital.'

Spreading your large feathered wings, you launched yourself from the rooftop you were standing on and flew over to the building. Glancing at the piece of paper in your hand, you mumbled its contents. "Hmmm...fourth floor, room fifteen..."

After searching for a few moments, you found the correct room you were looking for. Once you entered, you caught sight of a man lying in the bed. Quietly, you stalked closer to his resting form. His curly hair was gray with hints of black strands within.

A warm smile graced your lips. "Hello, Danny." You said softly. The elderly man's eyes fluttered open at the sound of your voice. His green irises shifted in your direction before growing wide in surprise. "It's...it's you...! (Y/n)!"

You couldn't help but giggle at him. "I'm surprised that you remember me after all these years." You said.

"How could I not? If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have lived as long as I have." Your smile soon dropped into a serious frown. "What are you doing in this hospital?" You asked. Daniel sighed deeply. "Unfortunately, I'm very sick and I don't have much time left..."

You felt your heart practically sink to your stomach. "Oh...I'm so sorry..." You said, voice full of remorse. "Don't be sorry. It's because of you that I had the opportunity to live as long as I have. I was able to grow up and graduate from school. I married the woman of my dreams. I raised beautiful kids and a granddaughter. Her name is-"

"Daisy."

His green eyes widened in surprise. "You've met her?" You smiled and nodded your head. "Yes, I have. She is wonderful! She's the one that told me you were here." Danny smiled in return. "I'm so glad you got to meet her. I'm sorry your life had to be taken at such a young age due to my foolishness." He said, remorsefully.

"That's nothing to worry about. To tell you the truth, I wasn't always an innocent person back then. I had tragically lost both my parents at a young age and I was terribly misguided for a long time ever since. If anything, when I died that day, it felt like my life had just begun." Hearing this, Danny gave you a warm smile. "That's good to hear."

Suddenly, Danny went into a coughing fit. "Are you okay? Is there anything I can do?" You asked with concern laced in your voice. After a moment, Danny calmed down. "I'm alright...my time is about up..." He responded weakly. "No...! Please don't say that! I know! I can heal you and you'll be better!" You desperately offered. Danny shook his head. "Please don't. It's alright... At least I finally got to see you one more time." Your (e/c) eyes began to swell up with tears but you nodded your head. "Thank you, (y/n)...for being my guardian angel..." With those last words, Danny's last breath escaped his lips, causing him to pass away. You sniffed as you wiped away a few tears. "I promise I'll never forget you, Danny..." You whispered solemnly.

Alarms began to blare, signaling that nurses were on their way to file in the room. Taking this as an opportunity to leave, you flew out of the window. Landing on the roof of a nearby building, you stared back at the room where you had just lost your friend. At that moment, a gentle hand touches your shoulder. It was frigid to the touch, but to you, it was the warmest feeling in the world. "How did it go?"

You turned around to face your winter spirit lover. "He's gone..." You said as a tear escaped your eye. Jack pulled you into a loving embrace, which you didn't hesitate to return. "I'm so sorry, Angel Cake. Are you going to be alright?" He asked. You pulled away and wiped the tears away. "Yes, I'll be fine." You assured, giving him a warm smile.

At that moment, you felt a tug at the hem of your white dress. "Why are you crying, mommy?" You looked down at the child who stared up at you with big (e/c) eyes. You gave the child a loving smile. "Mommy was just visiting a friend of hers." You responded as you picked the two-year-old up in your arms.

"Oh."

"Yeah, don't worry about it, (child's name)." Jack assured, rustling (his/her) white-colored hair.

"Look what Daddy showed me how to do!" (He/She) cupped (his/her) (s/c) little hands together and blew into them. Right before your eyes, a magical snowball formed. "Wow! You're growing up so fast!" The child's tiny white wings fluttered gleefully at your praise. "I'm going to throw it at Uncle Bunny!" (Child's name) said with a toothy grin. A proud laugh escaped his lips. "That's my little snowflake!" He said before placing a kiss on his beloved (son's/daughter's) forehead. "Hey! (He's/She's) my child too." You pouted playfully.

"Mommy? Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"What is it, (child's name)?"

"Where do babies come from?" (Child's name) asked curiously. You and Jack shared a flustered expression. "That's your child!"