Is It Wrong to Keep a Secret?

Author: Hey guys! Did you miss me? I know this chapter is a bit short and I apologize for that but I promise you guys I will try to make the next one longer. Although, I don't know how long it would be before the next chapter is up. Thanks to Hurricane Irma I'm super behind on work so have a lot of catching up to do. Also, I hope you all were safe during the hurricane and everything is back to normal for you guys (or almost at least.)

Anyways, enjoy! :)

_________________________________

Jack sat next to your bed, watching your sleeping form. It has been two days since you got injured and you still haven't woken up. Thanks to Sandy's help and your quick ability to heal yourself, you were going to be fine. Although, you weren't completely back to normal. Your skin color had returned to it's (s/c) shade and the black gash that was in your side is completely gone, but you still looked weak, as if the smallest threat can break you.

Jack watched you with eyes full of guilt. "This is all my fault. If only I was paying attention, (y/n) wouldn't be hurt like this. I'm supposed to protect her." Jack grabbed your limp hand and ran his thumb over the snowflake ring he had given you for Christmas. "I promise, Angel Cake. I won't let Pitch get to you...not again....." Jack mumbled as his eyelids grew heavy and drifted off to sleep.

~Time Skip~

Your eyes fluttered open...at least you think they were open. Slowly, you sat up and looked around for any signs of where you were but instead you saw nothing but black......pitch black...... There was a cold atmosphere in the air that sent goosebumps along your (s/c) skin. But there was something about this cold atmosphere that didn't feel comfortable like Jack did. Instead, it felt like.....death. After beginning to feel very uneasy, you decided to stand up and look around.

You walked for what felt like hours, you still saw nothing but darkness surrounding you. In a way, it felt smothering, but it mostly felt lonely, which was something you learned to hate over the years. Your footsteps echoed the empty void as you roamed around desperately in search for a soul to prove that you weren't alone. "H-Hello?" You called out, hoping someone would hear you.

"North...Sandy...Bunny...Tooth...Jack...?" You called out to all your friends.....but nobody came. Your knees began to feel weak for some reason as if they were about to collapse any second. But it wasn't like you have been walking that much, right? "(Y/n)?" You shot your head up at the sound of the familiar voice. "Jack? Is that you?" You asked, feeling a bit of hope return. You squinted your eyes in the direction you heard the voice and that it indeed was him. Without a second thought, you began running to him or at least tried. Your legs felt heavy as if you had bricks tied to your ankles. Your pace began to decrease quickly. Before you knew it, your legs had finally given up on you, causing to collapse onto the cold unforgiving ground. You tried to stand back up but your body wouldn't allow you to. 'Why can't I move?' You thought in confusion. At that moment, something horrifying began to happen.

A strange burning sensation took over your body. You looked at your hands to see that your beautiful (s/c) skin was turning into a grim gray color. Your (h/l) locks of (h/c) had turned black. "What's happening to me?!" Suddenly, your pure white wings began to turn into the deathly color of black and decayed away. You screamed in pure agony as this happened, especially as you felt an unbearable pain in your chest. You clutched the part of your chest where your heart was. It felt as though it was withering away. After a moment, the pain finally stopped.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Jack asked as he ran over and kneeled down in front of you. You looked up at Jack, your once (e/c) eyes now glowing a piercing yellow as a menacing smile grew on your lips. "I've never been better." With that being said, you shot a powerful blast from out of your hands, sending Jack flying a few feet away from you. A dark chuckle left your lips as you stood to your feet. You then felt a hand rest on your shoulder. "This is what you're truly meant to be, (Y/n)." You heard Pitch's voice in your ear. "Now, finish him." The menacing grin on your face grew even wider as a ball of black sand emanated from your hand. "With pleasure."