Do You Remember? (Part 3)

As time went by, (y/n) began to change little by little. Miss Trudy treated her ever so horribly by constantly abusing her. But (y/n) tried not to let that bring her down. As long she had her 'father' with her, she felt like she was safe.

(Y/n) often wondered whatever happened to her winter spirit friend. 'Where did Jack go? Why hasn't he come looking for me? Did he forget about me?' These thoughts constantly ran in and out of her head, but she tried her best not to let it get to her. Unfortunately, she couldn't conceal the bitter feeling that she had been forgotten by her close companion.

Eventually, (y/n) grew accustomed to her new life at the orphanage. That is, until one day, everything took a turn for the worse.

.

.

.

"WHICH ONE OF YOU ROTTEN GIRLS DID THIS?!" An enraged Miss Trudy questioned the two little girls that stood in front of her. May and (y/n) glanced at each other nervously as they tried to contemplate an explanation for the valuable trophy that was now shattered into pieces.

What happened you may ask? The two children were assigned to dust off of all the knick-knacks. Unfortunately, when (y/n) was dusting off Miss Trudy's first place hammer throw trophy, her clumsiness caused her to knock it over and shatter into pieces.

"Was it the Spoiled Brat who broke it?!" Miss Trudy questioned while pointing an accusing finger at the (h/c) haired child. (Y/n) stared at the woman with wide fearful eyes. By this time, she had grown accustomed to Miss Trudy's abuse. But she has never seen her this angry before. Who knows what she will do to her. Unfortunately, if she did not confess, May would be involved. Finally, (y/n) opened her mouth to confess her mistake.

"It was me...!" (Y/n) looked to her curly-haired friend in shock. "Oh really?" Miss Trudy asked, almost equally surprised. May glanced over to her (h/c) haired friend and gave her a small smile. As much as she didn't want to be punished, she couldn't stand to watch her friend suffer anymore. "In that case, you need to be punished!" Miss Trudy yelled as she forcefully grabbed by her by the arm and began to drag her away.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as (Y/n) watched it all unfold right in front of her. She couldn't watch the only person that has shown her nothing but kindness since she had arrived at this cursed orphanage take the fall for something she did. (Y/n) then focused her attention on the appalling woman, which caused an unfamiliar emotion to bubble within her: Rage. Why must she suffer this abuse? She didn't do anything to deserve this and neither did anyone else. Especially not a person as kind as May. What gives this despicable woman the right to treat innocent children like this?

(Y/n) felt her small hands clench into tight fists as she gritted her teeth. Before she even realized it, something inside of her had snapped. Almost in the blink of an eye, she launched herself onto the horrid woman and bit her ear clean off. "AAAAAHHHH!!! YOU HORRIBLE ROTTEN GIRL!!!" Miss Trudy screamed while holding the bloody area where her ear once was. Ignoring the screams, (y/n) ran over to check on her friend. "May, are you ok?" She asked as she approached the girl who was on the floor with her knees hugged to her chest. "N-n-no! Stay away from me!" May yelled, as she desperately scooted away. "B-but Ma-"

"No! Leave me alone! Y-you....you... MONSTER!" (Y/n) gazed past May's thick-rimmed glasses and into her hazel colored eyes. They were spilling over with tears but were also filled with something else: Fear. (Y/n) then looked back at woman who still laid on the floor in a bloody mess. Shock and terror filled her mind. Everything before her (e/c) colored eyes sunk its way into her brain. The blood on her hands, the sounds of the screams, and the fear in her friend's eyes. This frightened the young six-year-old girl to no end. But there was a hint of another emotion within her: Thrill.