Confusion

Author:  Hey guys as you can see I finally changed the title of the story. Also sorry for the long wait.

Anyways, enjoy!

__________________________________

You were sitting in the workshop watching the yetis and the elves (mainly the yetis) make toys for Christmas, which was just around the corner. You watched as an elf walked up to you offering a plate of cookies. With a kind smile, you accepted one of the cookies. "Thank you." The elf smiled and walked away as you began eating your cookie.

It has been a few days since you started staying at the workshop and you had to admit that you have been enjoying your stay more than you expected. When the other guardians found out you were staying at the workshop, they were thrilled. Although, much to your dismay, Jack still wasn't speaking to you and you still didn't understand why. Sure, you found him a little annoying at first but now you missed him.

A sad sigh escaped your lips as you finished eating your cookie. "Is everything alright, (y/n)?" Startled by the voice, you gasped and placed a hand on your chest to calm your pounding heart. "Jeez, Tooth! You scared the daylights out of me!" The fairy giggled at you. "Sorry about that." She said as she sat down next to you. "But seriously, is everything alright?" You gave her a fake smile. "Sure, why you ask?" You said trying to sound convincing, but it wasn't working. "Something tells me you and Jack aren't speaking to each other." Tooth said as she glanced between you and Jack. You sighed in defeat. "Actually, he's the one who's not speaking to me." "What happened?" You explained the whole story to Tooth about the 'almost kiss.' "Oh my gosh! Jack likes you?!" Tooth exclaimed excitedly. "Shhhhh! I didn't say that!" You said trying to calm her down. "Well, do you like him?" You thought about her question. "Yes....no.....I don't know.....UGH! It's complicated!" You said burying your face in your hands. Tooth placed a hand on your shoulder. "If your not sure about how you feel, then go talk to Jack about it. I'm sure he will understand." You looked at Tooth who wore a smile that held both comfort and reassurance. "Ok...I'll give it a shot."

You walked up to the winter spirit who just so happened to be passing by. "Jack?" You called. "Hm?" He said giving you a quizzical look. "Can we talk in private?" Jack hesitated at first but nodded anyway. Both of you walked away until reached a secluded area. "What did you want to talk about?" You lightly bit your lip, trying to think of the of the right words to say. "Well...." Jack raised an eyebrow, waiting for you to continue. "We need to talk about....you know....what happened between us or....what almost did...." Jack shook his head and released a heavy sigh. "There's nothing to talk about." "But Jack, we really should-" "No, (y/n). It's fine. Let's just pretend none of it ever happened." With that being said, he walked away. You opened your mouth to say something but no words came out. Solemnly, you shuffled back over to Tooth who was patiently waiting for you to finish your conversation.

"So, how did it go?" She asked with a hopeful smile. You disappointingly shook your head. Tooth's smile fell into a sad frown. She really believes that you and Jack would make a beautiful couple but it seemed that you two may need a little push. Tooth opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by an urgent chirping. The chirping came from the smallest of the tooth fairies, Baby Tooth. She flew up to Tooth and gave her an urgent message. "WHAT!? RIGHT NOW!? Ok, go tell North and the others! I'm on my way now!" Baby Tooth flew off to find the others while Tooth rushed out of the workshop as fast as possible. Completely confused about what was going on, you quickly flew after Tooth to ask.

"Tooth! What's happening!?" You asked as you finally caught up to her. "It's Pitch. He's attacking my palace and trying to steal the teeth along with my fairies. I have to stop him before it's too late." Tooth answered while keeping her gaze ahead. 'Pitch....the evil being I'm supposed to help defeat....' The thought honestly frightened you. You told yourself many times that you would not become a guardian or fight this Pitch person but you couldn't just sit by and watch him wreak havoc on your new friends, could you? "I'm coming to help you." You said, mentally hitting yourself for saying that. Tooth shot you a grateful smile. "Thank you so much, (y/n)."