Tainted

Author: FINALLY! This chapter is DONE! I know you guys are probably upset with me for taking so long. Things have been hard since one of my friends just passed away last week and on top of that I got sick (of course. -_-). 

Anyways, Enjoy! :-)

_________________________

"How could I be so stupid...?" You mumbled as you hugged yourself tightly, desperate for comfort. You were full of so many different emotions: anger, betrayal, pain, sadness, confusion, the list went on. You were walking through the empty and lonely woods. The sound of fresh snow crunching under your footsteps. Mentally, you cringed at this. Snow....the thing that reminded you of the person you grew to love, but also reminded of the same person who betrayed you. You hated the snow.... you hated him.....Loneliness was something you've always hated, but for some reason, you could never escape it.

Tears stung your eyes as they threatened to fall. Trying to blink them away, you began to run. You had no idea where you were going, but you didn't care. You just wanted to escape all the pain, the loneliness, everything.

Blinded by the tears in your eyes, you tripped over a stray tree root. "Ow!" You exclaimed as you fell face first into the icy cold snow. You lifted your face which was now slightly covered with snow. Eventually, you couldn't take it anymore as you finally let the tears fall. One by one your tears fell into the cold snow. The cool breeze of the wind blew against your wet, tear-stained face, making you shutter.

Angrily, you wrapped your hand around your angel charm necklace, the very source of your power. You wanted to give up your powers. You wanted to give up being an angel. All you had to do was take it off, and it would be over. Unfortunately, you knew that you would not do well as a powerless spirit and decided against thought.

You glared up at the sky through your tear-filled eyes to see the moon that was still clearly visible during the daylight. "Why did you choose me?! Can't you see that I'm clearly not cut out for this?! What made you think that I could be a guardian?!" You yelled at the moon, but as usual, you never received an answer. Eventually, you began wiping away your tears until your (e/c) eyes landed on the silver snowflake ring on your finger. You slipped it off your finger and examined the piece of jewelry.

'My Angel Cake'

A scoff left your lips before you threw the ring as far as you could. The harsh wind whipped through your (h/l) (h/c) hair as you watched the ring disappear into the distance. This was the second time you had thrown away your ring, only this time, you promised yourself that weren't turning back to get it. You spun around on your heal and began to walk away, thinking of how you were going to find Pitch so that he can give you your memories.

Snap! You flinched at the sound of a twig snapping behind you. Out of defense, you formed a bow and arrow in your hands and turned around to aim it at the intruder. Although you knew your powers were still weak, you hoped that you could at least frighten the intruder enough for them to leave you alone. "Show yourself!" You demanded. As the intruder emerged from the bushes, your (e/c) eyes slightly widened in surprise. It was just a single nightmare. You noticed that it was smaller than the averagely sized nightmare, but you decided not to question it.

Seeing that the nightmare wasn't hostile, you lowered your bow and arrow. "Have you come to take me to Pitch?" As if understanding your question, the nightmare nodded and began to walk away. Putting away your weapons, you willingly followed the little nightmare.

~Meanwhile with the guardians~

"Nice going, Frost!" Bunnymund yelled as Jack finally made his way back inside the workshop. Still disoriented by what had happened, Jack didn't even bother to respond. "Calm down, Bunny. Everything is going to be alright." North assured. "How is everything going to be alright?! Thanks to lover boy over here, (y/n), who is our key to defeating Pitch is gone and she probably not planning on coming back!" Bunnymund exclaimed, clearly upset. "Maybe we should go look for her." Tooth suggested. Sandy shook his head. "Sandy is right. We should probably give her some space. I'm sure she will come back once she has calmed down." North said. "And what happens if she doesn't come back?" Bunnymund asked, worried about the possibility. "No! She's going to come back! She HAS to come back!" Jack yelled, clenching his fists. "I promised her..." The guardians stared at Jack, completely caught off guard by his outburst. "I'm going to go look for her." Before anyone could say anything to object, Jack had already left.