Chapter 18

The answer to that question is unknown at the moment. I weighed my options on if I should go or not, risk putting myself in danger and possibly putting others in harm's way.

I spent Friday night tossing and turning in my bed, pondering as to who the voice belonged to. I kept telling myself I had no right to be upset since I'm not his girlfriend and if he is seeing someone then it's none of my business or concern.

Am I really more concerned over a female voice than the creepy text messages?

Saturday morning was uneventful . The girls came over later afternoon and immediately bombarded me with questions and what I had missed. We cooked dinner together, they told me everything that had happened in school and we enjoyed having a normal day with one another.

Turns out since they discovered Laura's body the police wanted to know if anyone at the school had extra information that they might have forgotten. The placement of where her body was dumped was unknown to most of us considering it was a long drive from our home town. The cops believe some of the students are holding onto information and that they'd be back Monday morning for more questioning.

Ever since the girls arrived Mikey had been sulking in his room for some unknown reason and when we asked him if he wanted to join us, he declined and went back into his room.

Although we all were having a great time I knew I had much more important things going on than a sleepover.

The girls all seemed tired after all the talking they had done and decided to call it a night around 11. The air mattress my mom had bought last week was on the floor which Lacey and Erika decided to take. My mom decided to grab one since we tend to have friends over often. Kolby slept in my bed with her back turned to me and her soft snores drowned out by the fan.

I glanced over at my digital clock that read 11:25 pm. I still had to get dressed and walk to the school undetected by my brother and friends.

I quickly and silently made my way into my closet to throw on black clothes so I would blend into the darkness. If I was going to get myself into danger I would do it in style.

I slipped out of my closet and made my way past the air mattress. Kolbys breathing was slow and steady which let me know she was still asleep. Lacey and Erika had not moved from their position and were sleeping peacefully. Now is the time to get out of here.

The clock read 11:35 pm. I snuck past my brothers room with ease and made my way down the stairs. I silently opened the front door, which for once had not made a creaking noise, and I crept my way down the street. No car was in sight as I began my small journey to the school.

Considering it was a Saturday night I had expected to at least see some teenager on their way home drunk or two adults getting together for a one night stand. Instead the road was silent and empty.

The walk to the school was quick, a little too quick to be quite honest. I was so anxious about meeting with this stranger that I hadn't realized how quickly I walked. I also didn't realize how I was being followed until I stopped in the school parking lot. Footsteps were heard on the concrete but nobody was in sight.

I scanned the parking lot and their walking came to a stop. A chill ran up my spine at how someone could see me but I was unable to see them. The lights in the parking lot didn't all work and some were flickering.

After a long pause, I continued on my way towards the back of the school. The footsteps were heard once again and I abruptly stopped.

"Come out and face me you creep." I practically shouted. My heavy breathing was now the only thing I could hear. "This can't be real." I mumbled to myself. What would happen if I go towards the back of the school where there's no lights, people, cameras and an alleyway with a dead end? If this stranger wants to talk then they'll have to do it on my terms.