Curiosity (SS part 4)

You know what they say about curiosity

)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(/()/)(

(Y/n) wandered down the hallway and came up to what she guessed would be the engineer's workshop. There was no one inside the workshop. Welp, all the better for snooping. Blu Engie's workshop was a lot less "Busy" but at the same time, it was still disorganized. She walked deeper into the workshop. There were blueprints all over the place. (Y/n) stood on a chair to look over the ones on the workbench. She unrolled one of them. On the top left corner of the paper, there was a sticker.

'RED' was spelled in bold red letters. Is this Engie's? It was a design for a turret. The diagram was beautiful and the hardware plans were innovative. You could tell that they were hand-drawn rather than printed.

(Y/n) then picked up a blueprint labeled 'BLU' in big blue letters. The diagram was a bit sloppy in comparison to Engie's and there were eraser marks and scribbled out words all over it. There were more blueprints crumbled up on the floor. She unfolded a paper and saw that it was another blueprint. All of the crumpled ones were labeled 'BLU'. All of them had eraser markers and crossed out words. The few words that weren't crossed out on some of them said things like 'stupid', 'he's already done it', or 'useless'. At the very back of the room was the one other blueprint that wasn't crumpled was one sitting on the workbench in the far back. This one was far older looking and was a design far more advanced than anything (Y/n) could ever think to make.

"A life extender?" (Y/n) stared at it in awe. This was amazing! But also confusing. What's australium? She's never heard of that element...or is it just a material. (Y/n) willed herself to put down the masterpiece. She hoped that she could make something like that someday. She noticed that there was an even older blueprint right under Blue Engineer's. It was another life extender, but this one wasn't as advanced. The original?

"Who's Radigan Conagher?"

"None. of. Your. Business."

(Y/n) gasps and turns around. There stood a very, very angry Blue Engineer. It was an ironic sight to see the Blue engineer so red-faced. It was moments like this that reminded (Y/n) that she was five years old. That she was no bigger than four feet tall. The room was quiet and tense. The atmosphere was getting more suffocating the longer she stood there. The longer he glared.

"U-uh. I-" (Y/n) was trying to apologize but she was beginning to choke on the tears she was trying to hold in. Why is he so scary?

Blue engineer gritted his teeth harder at her stuttering. She couldn't see his eyes through his goggles, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to look him in the eyes. He finally spoke, "Get. Out."

The little girl whimpered, she couldn't bring herself to move. The Engineer let out a frustrated growl and picked her up roughly by the arm. She yelped when she felt herself being hoisted into the air. She had to grit her teeth to keep from whining about the pain in her arm. His hand was crushing her small arm. He marched to the door of the workshop and tossed her into the hallway. As she hit the ground he slammed the door of his workshop.

(Y/n) laid there for a moment. She was breathing harshly but was slowly calming down. She sat up slowly and found herself propping herself against the wall. When the adrenaline finally waned, and the pounding in her ears ceased. She got up from the wall.

She decided to continue her tour...much further away from here.

She walked the halls of Blu base aimlessly. Now that the shock has worn out completely she started to recognize the pain in her arm. A headache was setting in too. She thought about what happened in the workshop. Why was he always so angry? Does it have anything to do with all the crumpled blueprints on the floor? Who was Radigan Conagher? Was that a touchy subject? I shouldn't have gone in there.