Traps

Third Person POV

"We're under attack!" Soldier yelled grabbing his RPG and his shovel.

"Wait! What about the kid?" Scout interjected.

"Good point. Scout you watch the child." Spy said disappearing.

"What?!" Scout shouted.

"Sorry, partner. We'll be back as soon as we can." Engineer apologized as he along with the rest of the mercs suited up and began to run out to the battlefield. "Y'all take care till we get back, ya hear."

"I can't believe this." Scout said with total exasperation. Suddenly Scout felt someone tugging on the bottom of his shirt.

"Mr. Scout?" (Y/N) began. "What's going on?"

Scout panicked a bit. He wasn't sure how to explain a war. "I-um it's a.... A.... game!" Scout said.

"Really?" The little girl asked somewhat skeptically. She may have been five, but she was still pretty sharp and quick on the uptake.

"Yep, you see there are two team right? And they compete to capture... the.. other teams briefcase- I mean treasure. The other are out protect our base and trying to grab the other team's treasure." Scout explained.

"Can I help?" (Y/N) asked.

"Um, well-" Scout began but then he saw the hope and determination in (Y/N) eyes. "Sure kid."

"So what do we do?"

"We are... defending our base."

"How about we make traps!"

"That's not- I mean that's a great idea let's make traps." Scout concludes is he picks (Y/N) up. " So what do you think we should do first?"

Timeskip! (This is going to be good >:) )

(Y/N) and Scout basically booby trapped the whole base. From the front door to the briefcase room was covered in pranks and traps guaranteed to stop or at least stun their opponents.

"Hey, Kid. How do we know the traps won't get any of our guys?" Scout asked curiously. Truth be told all of the traps were planned and thought of by (Y/N). He was amazed that someone of her general age could think of something so elaborate.

"Don't worry. I was able to make some color sensors out of some stuff I found in engineer's workshop. I made sure to hook up a sensor to each of our traps." She said smiling. Scout gave he an incredulous look.

"Just how smart is this kid!!!" Scout thought is he put the finishing touches on the last trap. He then proceed to pick up (Y/N) and walked to the surveillance room. Then is if on cue.

"Blue team has broken into the base!" Alarm-o-Tron says.

"Let the show begin..." Scout says as he sits down with (Y/N) in his lap and they peer up at the many screens.

From (Generally) Blue Team's POV

Blue Demoman followed by Blue Scout, Blue Heavy, and Blue Spy broke in.

"Okay, fan out! Secure the base and find that briefcase. We must get the red team's intelligence." Blue spy ordered. The other blues nodded and ran in different directions. Blue scout ran into a random room and heard a strange sound start. What he didn't know was that when He ran in he activated a trip wire. The tripwire proceed pull on a switch that turned on a flash camera. The camera flashed brightly causing Blue Scout to stumble backwards when trying to recover his sight and slip on a well placed roller-skate. He then landed backwards on a skateboard that was on a pressure plate. The combined weight of the scout and the skateboard activated the pressure plate causing pulley attached to the robe that was tied to the skateboard to be pulled forward with the scout on it. He was then pulled out an opposite door and into a hallway, but not before getting showered in the flour that the pulley was originally holding up.

Meanwhile Blue heavy was running through one of the halls when suddenly a flour covered Blue Scout came out of a room on laying on a skateboard causing him to trip over him and ultimately falling on Blue Scout, causing more flour to get everywhere. This triggered a well placed color sensor.

"Get off of me you-!" Blue Scout was about to cuss out his teammate when they both heard a little girl voice play from a speaker on the ground next to a speaker.

"Blue team detected! Boy, you guys are covered in a lot of flour! Commence bathtime!" The voice said. Suddenly several robotic hands and gun like machine came out of the wall. The guns proceed to spray them with (Boiling/Freezing) water. The hands now had bars of soap and sponges and began to scrub them screaming blue mercenaries.

"What the-" Blue Scout started only to have a bar of soap stuffed in his mouth. The Blue Demoman, who had heard all the commotion, came running in from the opposite direction.

"What in blazin fury are you two idiots doing?" The Demoman asked.

"B-be Kareful komrade zis place, it is booby trapped." The water logged and soapy heavy weapons guy said, before getting blasted again with water.

"Aww what's wrong? You sissies can't handle a little soap and water. Don't worry I'll find the briefcase while you guys get your bums scrubbed." the Demoman quipped before proceeding to turn and head into a different room unknowingly triggering a delayed sensor. Once he was a foot inside the room the door closed and locked on itself. The Demoman looked back at the door in surprise and confusion. He then heard a beeping sound. A series of small spheres rolled out from various places in the room. They popped open and released a toxic smelling gas. They were stink bombs! The Demoman let out a string of curses is he was covered in the putrid red gas.

Blue spy on the other hand saw everything that happened to his teammates. Something was up. That' when he noticed the cameras everywhere.

"Ah the suspects must be in the surveillance room." He thought triumphantly. He proceed to sneak through and evade the carefully placed traps with...well- spy-like skill. He eventually reached the surveillance room and slowly, quietly opened the door. There he saw a figure in a baseball cap sitting in a chair holding something...the briefcase! He stealthily snuck up to the figure's chair.

"Ah-ha! What?!" He said in surprise. The figure he saw in the chair before was a test dummy and the object he was holding was a ... little girl?!

"Au revoir, monsieur l'espion bleu. (Goodbye, Mr. Blue Spy.)" the little girl said is she blasted him in the face with cold orange juice. The blue spy screeched in agony is the juice got in his eyes.

"Bonk!" Red Scout said and hit the blue mercenary with his bat. The blue mercenary laid limp on the floor.

"....Did he just fall asleep?" Asked the little girl.

"Yeah, he'll wake up later. In the meantime, wanna help me get him and his buddies out of here?" The Scout suggested.

"Yay!"