A Simple Saturday

I just finished my first week of school and I have to say, I now understand why the kids on TV praise the weekend so much.

I was sitting in the living room drawing up battle plans for my battalion with my favorite red crayon. Pyro and Demo were sitting on the couch watching TV. The others were off doing their own things around the base. Engie told me that they had a pretty tough week to. The blue team has been very persistent as of late. The blue spy even found my pillow fortress.

On the bright side, Pyro caught him at the entrance of the fort.

On the downside, Pyro caught him at the entrance of the fort.

Flashback to that particular afternoon.

Sniper and soldier picked me up from school. I said goodbye to the girls and Oliver, before hopping in the bread truck and heading home. We walked into the living area to see a upset Pyro, a irritated Scout, and a worried Engineer.

"Hey guys! Pyro, what's wrong?" I asked. When the group of men acknowledged Sniper and I's entrance, Pyro started his crying sounds even louder and more distressed, while Engineer and Scout suddenly stood closer together.

Seeing as pyro wasn't really up for speaking, Sniper turned to Engie and Scout "What's got you blokes so nervous, and why is Pyro blubbering"

"It's been a really stressful day and Pyro here, is just tired from the battle." Engie Pieces together an explanation.

Scout chimes in, "Yeah! Right, Pyro's just all tired from taking down blues all day, ain't ya bud?" Scout turns to Pyro and much to his dismay Pyro responds with a sob. I walked over to pyro and offered him a hug. Pyro didn't hesitate and I was suffocating in his arms in no time. I then noticed the smell of smoke in the air. At first I thought it was coming from Pyro (he usually smells of charcoal), but then I noticed it was coming from something behind Pyro. I peered over his shoulder and saw my fort burnt to ashes. I gasped and wiggled out of Pyro's arms to run to the fort. I turned to Scout and Engie to ask what happened but I was to choked up to speak.

"Look, uh kid. Pyro did it on accident. Blu spy got into the base and was snoopin around ya base so Pyro...torched the sucker. He got him, but he also got ya fort too- are you okay?" Scout stopped explaining because I looked like I was about to blow. But I am not!

I am five years old and about to turn six. I a-am to-too old to cry, over such a si-imple mistake-

"WAAAAAHHHH" I lied, I am not too old to start crying over things. My crying made Pyro start again, and the other three mercs were standing awkwardly. Right then Heavy, Soldier, Spy and Demo peered in from the hallway.

"I am guessing you told little girl news." Heavy said. They entered the room and Soldier marched up to Pyro.

"Quit your blubbering, you are not a little girl," He turns to me " and you, you are not a...just stop crying that's an order!"

The room is quite for a few moments. 3...2...1-

"WAAHH" "HUUUAHHH" Pyro and I were back at it. Soldier was about to yell again, but Spy stopped.

"Why don't we try a different approach." Spy turns to Scout. "Scout! I want you, Medic, and Sniper to take (Y/N) out of the base for awhile. Do some activity to put her mind at ease. The rest of us will take care of Pyro and figure out what to about her sleeping arrangements."

Scout nodded and walked over to pick me up. "Come on kid, let's go to the park or sumthin."

Before the four of us could leave, Spy stopped Medic. I heard him say, "Keep a lookout for any blue inconveniences. They are getting more...bold." Medic nodded and caught up with SCout, Sniper, and I.