Through the View of His Eye

I'm still in my feels.

It'll lighten up in the very next chapter.

Gotta get the rest of this...whatever this is out of my system.

(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)

The Lass passed out in my arms without a word. I put her on my back and began to make my way back.

"I've found the Lass." Demo says into his ear piece. When the round started we took care to make sure we had communication with each other to make finding (y/n) easier.

"Whoooo!"

"Job well done, partner!"

"How is girl. She okay?"

"Where are you now? Heavy and I can meet you."

"Alright, mate! Now bring her home!"

"Good work, Demo! Report back immediately. That's an order."

I turn down the volume on my set a bit.

I hear spy speak clearly. "Don't celebrate too quickly. You aren't out of hot water yet, mon ami. Watch out for my counter and try to meet Heavy and Medic for further protection on the way back."

I haven't heard from twinkle toes. The pint-sized lad must of left his piece in his scamperin haste.

"Doc, Heavy we are just outside blue base. Lass and I will meet ya near the border." I say into the receiver.

"Verstanden"

"Хорошо (Khorosho)"

"Demo? Demo! Hey, Cyclops over here!" I hear off to the side. I turn to see twinkle toes running up to us.

"Scout?" I question.

"Who else would it be genius?" The lad asked sarcastically.

"Watch that sass ya scamperin' windbag!" I warn him. I looked him over for a moment. Something's off.

"You found the child! That's great buddy! Let me see her." He comes closer. I instinctively step back. He looks at me confused and a bit of something else I can't quite place.

"-Hold ye horses. She's sleep'n." I make an excuse.

"Come on, I ain't that clumsy. I missed her a lot." He takes another advance. I hear a beep on my com-set and I hold up a hand to stop Scout. Hold up a finger telling him to wait a moment. He huffs but waits, surprisingly.

"Helo?" I pick up the call.

"Demo! I just respawned and picked up my com. Everyone else is saying you found kid. Did ya really. Where are you two?" Scout says on the line.

Welp...this was actually guessable. I snuck a quick glance at the "Scout" in front of me, who seemed none the wiser of the call I received. He stood their impatiently tapping his foot.

"Scout." I call.

"Um, yeah. What do you want cyclops?"

"I just got a call from...base." I say looking him in the eyes. I held the stare while I tried to reach for the handle of the Eyelander. "It seems everyone-else is well and accounted for."

I wasn't discreit enough. He spotted my hands and pulled out a butterfly knife and rushed me. I quickly spun out of the way, but not with a gash in my arm. At this point he decloaked, illusion gone. The Spy looked annoyed. He prepared to jump at me again. I braced myself and made sure the kid was still on my back.