Part 16

As soon as we jump through the portal, we are separated. I cannot find my son in the white snow. I scream and call his name, but try as I might to call him, I hear the wind rushing back at me and feel snow hit my face.

The wind wraps around me, as if in an attempt to comfort me. All around me are ominous, looming cliffs of stone and ice, as well as majestic, snow-capped mountains that rise like kings overhead that watch as if they were guardians of the land. This is a land where many are not meant to travel without facing death or the eternal wandering of their soul.

It is cold. I keep my hear in place with a scarf to cover my mouth.

Even immortals were never meant to take the passage into dreamworld. It's uncertain why. The dream realm would be a part of the world of magic to begin with, but separate that they would function for two different reasons. God, Goddess, Fae, and Witch alike agreed that it was way too dangerous to have any of them associating with the Dreammakers. They believe that if people were allowed to tamper with the dreams of others, they would be interfering with the God-energy and disrupting the natural flow of spiritual evolution within the universe; plus, they all had way too much investment within their own realms to trust the "other" anyways. The Dreammakers are randomly chosen by the God-head for their abilities of having a unhinged creativity and sense of understanding that without their centered self-sacrifice to understanding others as much as themselves, reality as we knew it would slip away into chaos. They live an ethereal lifestyle, with one food in the dream world, and the other on the planet / dimension that they live in. There's no way to control their worlds from the outside, but on the inside - they control everything that you experience and guide the actions you take in the real world. Everything is nonsensical, but still apart of the psyche and soul path of the dreamer. At one point, you may be walking through a field of flowers and the next, you are flying through a world of yarn. Every part of the Dreamworld is part of you.

I see the first soul. He is a tribal leader, walking through the snow. He doesn't seem that surprised to see me, instead he walks up to me as if to greet me.

"Are you the dreammaker?" I ask him.

He shakes his head.

"Are you asleep?"

He nods his head, and he motions for me to follow him.

We are heading inside a cave now, which is down the path the Chief walks within the snow. There is a woman that seems to be his wife. She is making a potion. He motions for me to sit with the others, who are humming among themselves . The woman brings us a potion that they all begin to drink. They hand it to me. I drink it, and begins to close my eyes to a dream that whisks me away.

...

I hear the sound of water as it splatters onto the floor.

The sound is coming from a waterfall inside the cobblestone room. The waterfall has two spout faces - one happy, one sad. The water all comes into the drain within the center of the room, to where it empties out within a drain. On the other side is me, sitting dry.

There is a door that appears from it's window to lead into the outside, but it's locked. It must be a beautiful jungle out there, but there is nothing to hear from the outside - just the waterfall and music from within.

I sit down, frustratedly attempting to think. Surely, there must be a way out of here. My breath picks up.

I begin to panic, then realize that I must calm down. I sit and close my eyes, attempting to meditate on nothingness. Afterwards, I try to meditate that I am in a wonderful place, making love to Apollo, and falling asleep next to my cats.

The waterfall dissipates, turning into a slow drip that keeps trickling down; waking me up from my imagination.

The music is calming, but it's the saddest music to ever come to my ears and makes me feel as if I'm dying while being held by an angel. The light from the outside is beginning to fade, and all of a sudden, it seems more imperative than ever to get out of this room. My breath hitches back into my chest. I stare at the room, attempting to see the spiritual magic that keeps me within this place.

Shadows ross the room, moving fast, as if they are in a hurry. They loom like monsters and people. The people stop to look at me, as if they are analyzing my every move. The monsters, however, cross quickly through the room - looking as if they are to stalk and attack me, but turning the other direction very quickly. It's never certain what they are, only that they want to touch me so that I can feel their pain. I don't want to keep watching this procession, but I do. The whole event must have lasted for 5 hours. I became plagued by a variety of emotions as well as memories from my life, that seemed different each time a different being entered the room. By the end of it, I felt as if my soul had given up my fear, and had accepted that what was going on was bigger than myself.

The day turns to night; the water has accumulated within the bottom of the room and it glows - illuminating the room. The music is heavenly, as if all existing bad emotions and good emotions had been cleared. My body appears to glow, and I feel as if my whole spirit had gone through a deep cleanse. I feel calm, peaceful, sleepy, and full of blackness.