Part 5

I don't see Joseph and John that morning, for as soon as Joseph is done getting dressed, they head out to the farm. I awake afterwards, with the sunlight peering into my room, and my headache from sleeping in again once again.

I take the lamps and buddhas to the greenhouse with Cousin Tracey, whom envisions where to put her artwork. She places them in several different locations, asking me how I feel about each. I'm dying to get out of there, just pick a place and choose it!

The townspeople are heard driving by and walking near, whispering about the Bishops, dying to see their demise and all the weirdos huddled together in one place. Some of the more deviant and sociopathic talk about setting the place on fire.

Uncle Adam and Uncle Roland are popping beers, commiserating over their frustration with women.

I am shocked to find Grandma Luna. She is laying on a lawn chair in a 2 piece suit, covered in smelly Australian Gold tanning oil, and drinking a strong, rum smelling drink.

"Abuela, what are you doing?" I ask.

"There are too many vibes darling!" she coos, before taking a deep sip of her drink.

I try to stop myself from shaking as I head to the farm and help pick carrots, squash, and potatoes.

It is hot. The sun is causing sweat to drip off my body into a puddle. It flows down among the grounds - where I see it sparkle into a myriad of colors. They seem to be flying around. Are those bugs?

I see the reflection of the farm cottage. I turn to stare at it - finding it flutter past into a open window.

Now, the cottage has not been rehabilitated for many years - being mostly filled with hay for livestock, tools, etc. that a farmer would occasionally pull out. The upstairs, being sealed off, and the key having been long lost.

While we are the second family to live on the property - the Herring Family has lived on this farm for as longer. They only agreed to help more recently, during mama's teenage years, when realizing we wanted to do the same thing. The deal (the sharing of our land) helps us to be able to keep up our property tax by selling our products at their country store, which in turn we help with as farmhands.

The Herring family would not be happy to know that someone is living on their premises.

I open the door, to find the pink light materializing into Maybelline.

"Grandma! I got your things!" she chirps.

She then turns to see me.

"Oh!" she exclaims, dropping the bags in her surprise.

There is a lady with long grey hair, a beautiful dress, and tight skin. She smiles at me, before struggling to catch the blue and green lights that have the slightest giggle of children.

The elder man with good skin and grey hair, presumably her husband, gives a slight grunt and nod in my direction. He stands up, shakes my hand, saying, "It's a pleasure to meet you Nyla."

The grandma follows the lights until they become children that fall onto the couch into a fit of laughter.

"Surprise!" they exclaim.

"What?"

I step backwards, until I bump into something hard.

Hands grasp my shoulders, pulling me into a hug.

"Nice to meet another cousin" says a deep, growly male voice.

I can feel the hairs stick up on my neck and my heart pitter-patter within my chest.