Worried- Tanner

Me and my boyfriend Tanner have been dating for about 4 years, but lately our relationship has been a little rocky. Tanner has been more distant from me and part of me feels like he's cheating but the other part of me knows he would never do that. I was still going to school while Tanner worked at Hi 5 Studios making videos for YouTube. I knew there were girls that liked Tanner that worked at Hi 5 Studios but I didn't think they would try to get with him. 

"Hey baby" Tanner said as he walked into the apartment we shared. 

"Hey" I said quietly.

"Whats wrong?" tanner asked kindly.

"Ohh nothing. I'm just tired.

"Okay" 

Tanner walked into our room to take a shower. I knew he could sense I was upset, but I didn't want to accuse him of cheating because what if he wasn't.

Tanners POV:

I knew (y/n) was upset that I was being distant but I was planning something that was going to be a surprise. I was planning on proposing to her in a few days. I had to buy a ring and her a dress and I had to get people to take pictures of us. It was a look of work just planning a proposal. I can't imagine what it's like planning a wedding.  I finished my shower and walked back into the living room. (y/n) was sitting on the couch watching TV. 

" (y/n) on Friday night were having a date night" I said as I sat down.

"Really?" she reasoned excited.

"Yeah, I feel like I've been distant from you because I've been so busy with work and I miss you"

"Awww. I'm so excited" 

Time skip to Friday 

Everything was set up to propose. I had set the dress I had gotten (y/n) on our bed and Gunner was taking her to the beach where I was going to propose. 

(Y/N) POV: 

I was extremely excited for tonight. I got home and saw a note from Tanner on the table. It read:

My Love:

Tonight is going to be a special night. There is a surprise in out room. Gunner is coming at 7 to take you to the surprise location. 

I love you 

Tanner 

I ran into my room to find a dress laying on our bed. He's so cute I thought to myself.

 He's so cute I thought to myself

^the dess Tanner got

I put on the dress and did my hair and makeup. By the time I was done it was almost 7. The doorbell rang. Gunner was here! I opened the door and got into the car.

"Where are we going?" I kept asking Gunner.

"You'll find out soon" he kept responding. 

"Where are we going?" I asked yet again.

"We're here"

I looked out the window and saw sand. We're at the beach? Interesting.  I got out of the car and Gunner told me to follow him. I followed him down the sand. There was a path lit by lanterns that led to a heart and Tanner was standing inside. 

" (y/n) I have loved you since the very first day I met you

" (y/n) I have loved you since the very first day I met you. I know we have been distant recently and that's because I've been trying to plan this and make everything perfect. Theres not a single person I would rather spend my life with than you. You make me smile every time I see you. You make my heart full. No matter what happens I know you'll always be by my side. I love you  (y/n). Will do make me that happiest man alive and marry me?" 

"OF COURSE!" I yelled. Tears were dripping down my face as they had been since I stepped foot on the beach. Tanner slipped the ring onto my finger. I was beautiful. 

^the ring

^the ring

"I love you so much (y/n)" tanner said. 

"I love you too" I said still crying.

Tanner grabbed my face with his hands and kissed me. This was the best night I ever had. 

School is starting back up for me today so I'm sorry if I don't update as often. I have a few drafts already written but I'll try to update every other day. Also I know I keep asking for people to comment but I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time writing this story and want to know if people are actually enjoying it.