•Childhood•

•Childhood•
/ˈtʃʌɪldhʊd/
the state or period of being a child.

Third person

"Welcome to France."

"Kaden, come on!" Alessia laughed. "Really?"

"Yes."

She laughed and then smiled, "France, eh?"

"Thought I'd take you to your roots and then show you something."

Alessia went into the bedroom of their newest place to stay and got changed into a pair of jeans and a hoodie.

After that she got back to Kaden who was sitting on the couch resting his head on the back of it. She stood behind him and waved her hands through his thick hair softly.

"Let's go." He said after a minute of her caress. "Alright."

The two of them headed outside and as the weather in France was pretty mild, Alessia decided on just the hoodie while Kaden was in his usual suit.

Instead of going down with the elevator, Kaden walked them to a door where there was a grand sign in red, and the words 'AUCUNE ENTRÉE' written on it in white bold letters. Kaden pushed the door open to find a flight of stairs which they went up until they reached another gray door.

(No entry)

The door led to the roof of the hotel where there was a helicopter sitting and waiting patiently for its passengers. Her mouth dropped open but she quickly closed it again when her hair flew into it from the helicopter slowly starting up and the height they were standing in.

Alessia smiled at her husband's left side of his face as he was talking once again fast in French with what appeared to be the pilot. No ten minutes later, they were in a helicopter for an hour or so. "Wanna tell me where we are flying to?" She spoke hoping he could hear her clearly enough through and with those headsets.

"No."

"Okay." Like she had on every other flight and drive she was struck by the beauty of the country she was seeing from a bird-perspective at the moment.

His wife followed him wordlessly as he led her through the front yard of an abandoned house. It instantly gave off a gloomy and neglected vibe from only looking at it. Tall unkempt hedges were beginning to show their slow death as the leaves were turned slightly yellowish almost brown to match the fallen, dead leaves on the ground. Even though it was spring almost summer, the bushes and hedges as well as trees and shrubs were dying, it was clear no one lived here or took care of this place.

Kaden pulled her to the front door getting a key from out of his suit pant pocket and unlocked it, making it creak slightly. Her nerves spiked a bit as he took her further into the house and up the stairs. The entire house was still furnished and it didn't look as abandoned inside as it did outside.

Not saying a single thing she let him take a look around and felt his body next to her slowly straighten and tense as they stepped into a small bedroom which was designed for a young boy. It looked extremely neat but also held a distinct coldness to it, because one of the old householders forced their partner to keep everything clean and in order.

He glared every thing his eyes caught sight of before turning and leading her to another room. The halls were decorated with multiple bookcases and from some the titles she could read, they were about ancient Rome and France, and rows of plays and history of theater. 

This time it was probably for the parents or adults who lived here as it was rather prim and actually spotless not at all homey and cozy.

Alessia saw the look in his eyes and knew where they were.

"We're in Lyon, aren't we? This is where you lived the first years of your life, right?" He didn't answer but he did not have to. Kaden was complicated when he grew up, after they moved to Italy he completely changed and that at such a young age.

Alessia ran her palms beneath his suit jacket on the black button down that covered his back and smiled sadly, she did not want her husband to hurt but somehow she knew he was somewhere, deep inside of him. Kaden had always turned his hurt or frustration into rage that at some point was all he felt and then he felt so extreme much of it, he began to grow numb to every possible emotion except anger, that was until Alessia came into his life.

"Let's go home , shall we?"

"We're in France, Alessia."

"I know. Let's come back some other time, I had enough of Europe for like seven lifetimes."

———

"Welcome to the US."

It was the next day and Alessia had managed to convince Kaden to leave France early and come back home, their home. At first he did not want to because he insisted that she was doing it only for him but in the end he gave in to her.

They reached Ridgewood and were greeted with two couples grinning at them in their foyer. Hayes, Winter, Giuliano, and Tiana stood there only looking at them until the three girls broke out into squeals. "We missed you!"

"I missed you, too!" Alessia giggled embracing the two girls tightly.

The men went out to get the two's baggage and bring them up into their room while the girls went into the kitchen to see the maids standing there in order, looking down at the floor in respect for those who were above them but yet again Alessia and the other two were having none of that. She asked them to look at her and smiled, greeting the five women with their names.

"OH!" Tiana squealed, glancing at Winter. "We made dinner!" Winter joined.

"You guys did not have to!"

"We wanted to though."

They grinned and Alessia hugged them once again, as soon as the heard the guys close the front door. "Dining room!" Winter yelled before she saw them and dragged the girls into it herself.

Alessia was hit with the smell of freshly made pizza and burgers making her laugh to herself because of the stupidness of her closest friends. She knew that they thought that on their voyage to multiple countries that all they ate was traditional food -which was very much true- so they had to make American food too, even though they knew very well how that tasted.

They really were a family by now.