•Busted•

•Busted•
/ˈbʌstəd/
caught out doing something wrong and therefore in trouble

Alessia

So, we were busted. Stupid Mafia men.

They caught us in the mall where we were currently running away from them, childish I know. Our plan was to go to the mall because we thought that they would assume that we would not go there since it would be too public. Basically, they reversed our reverse psychology.

Austin -who was still clueless why we were making such a big deal out of this- was running alongside us without asking questions, which was really good.

Honestly, I don't even know why I was running Kaden was nowhere in sight with these two. For whatever reason my heart felt a little heavy that he was not here but what was I talking about, it is not like he cared for a silly teen like me. It made me dislike him a tad more.

Something was definitely off. Hayes and Giuliano were trained Mafia members, who were fit, had a good shape, and great health conditions in general, as far as I know. They were doing this on purpose, they could have caught up to us as soon as they saw us, but for some reason they did not. And that was kind of unsettling.

By now, we had reached the parking lot and our group dissolved. I heard two screams not so far away and knew Tiana and Winter had been caught now. Panic settled in my belly and I made a sprint in the other direction.

Me being me I bumped into someone's chest making me stagger back, "I'm sorry!" I apologized without looking at the man at first. I looked around and there was no one in sight.

I was about to go again after I quickly evened my breathing but the man held my arm tight then let go.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, thanks. Sorry for bumping into you again."

The middle-aged man laughed, "it's all good. I'll let you be on your way then, if you are sure you don't need any help?"

I shook my head, "no, thanks. Have a good day, sir!"

"You too, dear!"

After a small smile I began running again until I almost reached the entrance of the shopping mall. I cursed myself for bumping into another chest. I really had to keep my head up when I walk and not look at the ground.

"I'm sorry, sir-"

"Oh you will be, Tesoro."

My body froze. It has been a long time since I stood this close to him.

I stepped back and tried to make a run for it but this man had the reflexes of a cat, "you are genuinely trying to get yourself killed, aren't you, Alessia." Kaden snapped angrily.

"Let me go."

"Chiudi quella cazzo di bocca." he barked.

(Shut the fuck up)

His words and the tone he used made me stop my struggle instantly, I never heard him talk like this and especially not to me.

We reached a familiar black SUV that I recognized as the Urus we drove in back in, wherever he lived. He placed me in the passenger seat roughly before slamming he door shut and walking over to the driver's side, now I was really, really scared. It was funny and all but I should have thought this through entirely.

Silently, he backed out of the space and onto the street. I was quiet, last time I got him mad in a car here in Jersey I almost flew out the windshield.