•Marriage•

•Marriage•
/ˈmarɪdʒ/
The legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship

THIRD PERSON

Kaden was angry. He was fuming as his thoughts revolved around a certain woman and who the fuck she thought she was, when she talked to him the way she did in front of other people, and in general. She would regret that she had spoken to him like that, even though he was —somewhere deep within his mind— proud of her for making her brother look like a young, inexperienced boy, that Kaden still believed he was.

After speaking with Giuliano, he picked up the route back home. This had been the first time he had seen Alessia since the night in the hospital, there was this strange need to ensure her wellbeing himself.

Wasted an hour's drive.

Before he actually returned to his mansion, he had decided to check by his office in the city. With it only being six-thirty in the evening, there should have been some employees left. The large business corporation was the legal and financial coverage of La Mafia.

He parked the car in his reserved parking space and entered the elevator that would bring straight up to the lobby of the tremendous building.

"Good evening, Sir, is there anything I can do for you?" she asked shyly, her eyes burning bright at the sight of her boss. Kaden felt disturbed at the pretense of innocence swirling in her face and body language.

"Recents,"

Her name tag read Matilda, "Of course," she nodded. "Nothing that you aren't already informed about except an appointment with the Russo family in a little bit."

Matilda gulped, visibly fearful as the desire left the edge of her features, morphing into fright. "I-I, Sir I'm not— I'm not responsible for that, the—the secretary upstairs is."

Without answering back I headed to the elevator, such unreliable behavior will not be tolerated, not in my firm!

Just as I stepped into the lift I turned back and yelled, "Matilda, you're fired!"

The highest level of the building, where my office was situated, was deserted with not a single person in sight. Fucking useless people.

He did not respond, turning his back on her and walking back to his elevator. Just before the doors could close, he yelled through the vacant lobby, "Matilda, you're fired!"

The highest level of the building, where his office was situated, was deserted with not a single person in sight. Fucking useless people, he would fire them all for this unreliable behavior.

"So, what do you want here?" He questioned the family in front of him.

There was Marina Russo, Mario Russo and their daughter Aaliyah Russo. Hayes had told him once that she was friends with his girlfriend, which meant he must have known her better than Kaden did. His younger friend also didn't spare him of the fact that he hated her. Besides, the Russo family was part of the Mafia solely because Mario's father was also a part of it when Kaden's grandfather was the Don.

He cleared his throat, "We want a marriage between our daughter and you. She would be the perfect match for you, Kaden," he spoke.

A marriage? Between him and...that? This man was amusing.

I wouldn't marry someone who wasn't Alessia, yet. He chuckled inwardly before his jaw clenched at the thought of her recent stunt.

"It's Don to you, Russo. No, I won't marry your daughter, if that was it I'd like for you to leave now."