Chapter 26 | Arthur's P.O.V | Drama

Talking to Alfred about the plans for his visit kind of made me more excited. I think I can actually allow myself to get excited now, since it's definitely happening...
     Making the plans was intimidating because of my family's standpoint. My mother is the only person who knew about it. To say the least, she's really unforgiving with these things when they're done behind her back, so I had to tell her beforehand. She genuinely would have sent him back home if she wasn't ready for him.
     Letting her know that he will be here in less than a week is terrifying because she definitely is gonna freak out. She didn't even know he existed until I told her that he was going to 'at some point,' which then turned out to be within days. Thankfully she isn't one of those parents who believes that everyone I meet online is going to kill me or assault me somehow, so that's good.

      I decided it was best to tell my mother as soon as possible. After making the plans with Alfred, I told him I was going to go to bed since I was tired. Although this was true, I had full intentions of reporting all the plans to her first.

     Her reaction was exactly as I expected.
     "How dare you make these decisions without asking me first?!" She was probably right about this one, but it all happened so impromptu.
     "How am I supposed to tell everyone else that we have a stranger from across the world visiting?!" To be honest... easily? I can explain to them the same as I explained to her.
     "I am going to video call with him before he comes otherwise you are not meeting him anywhere!" This is probably a fair request. She wants to know he's real.
     "Have you ever thought that maybe I have plans already?! How selfish!" She may have a point but her plans don't stop me from making plans.
     "I'm not picking him up from the airport, I was not involved in these plans! You can figure it out yourself!" Okay, I suppose. We can take the tube.
     These were the only points that I could pick out in between the insults. To me, this is a win. She's talking as if it's actually going to happen, so I'll take that as it's actually going to happen.

     Before lying in bed, I quickly messaged Alfred.
     'Told mum about the plans, she's okay with it all. We'll be taking the tube from the airport so sorry if you're tired.'

----

     As I woke up the next morning, I was greeted by shouting in the house.
     "---irresponsible child-- ---making decisions- ----gonna get ra--"
     I suppose mum told dad about the whole thing. One of us had to sometime, though I expected to have to have this argument myself.
     Truthfully, dad is better to me than mum is. They're probably equally bad to each other, but dad is only acting this way, as harsh as it sounds, because he cares about my wellbeing. Mum definitely cares more about how she will come across, how the house will look and whether or not Alfred is going to be an inconvenience to her and her plans. That's not me being dramatic or careless, she would openly admit that herself.

     As I left my room, it appeared to me that mum probably told Alice too. She's my twin sister and the member of this family who probably has it worse than I do. Both of us are quiet people but she is even more secluded than I am. She just doesn't want to talk to anyone but, despite how hard a time they give her, I think mum and dad have high hopes for her future. Her grades are even better than mine; an A* student all round. I'm really happy for her for that. We get along nicely and we've barely ever bickered even as we grew up. If I'm being honest, she's the only thing that makes my home life bearable.
     We crossed paths as I left my room; both of us were ignoring the yelling in the background just the same.
     "I wish I knew someone from across the world. How'd you meet him?" she greeted me with. After I showered and ate breakfast, she and I spent the rest of the morning signing her up for the website Alfred and I met on. She seemed excited.

     I can deal with the arguments, the drama. I can ignore them as if they don't mean a thing to me. Because at the end of the day... there are only five days to go until he's here. Five days.

     Time to clean the whole house.