Chapter 14 | Arthur's P.O.V | Review?

I can't think of any other way to word it than that it's become the norm to call Alfred now. I spend most of the time I have outside of school in a call with him. It's safe to say he's become my best friend, but- it's not like I could tell him that. For one, it would be extremely embarrassing. As well as that, he's actually my only friend, because I rarely ever even want to speak to people around me. So he's either going to find it stupid that I have no friends, or he's going to find it awkward because he's "totally got a best bud already". Either way, I couldn't risk it. No way.

     Or, rather, that's what I was telling myself beforehand, in which he completely spurred out of the blue "you're my best friend, you know that?" in his ad- ...stupid yank accent. Which was stupid. I almost told him that, actually. Almost expressed how completely dumb and disgraceful that was of him, but why should I? He just quite literally threw aside my biggest worries. I have almost no worries when it comes to him now; he put all of them at ease already.

     Except... wait. A video chat? Why would you even ask- what kind of person would ask out of the blue with no hesitation to see my face? I looked absolutely dreadful because I hadn't left my room at this point due to studying. Ah, yes, that's another thing. Since befriending Alfred this way, I felt almost no reason not to go to school. Anything that anyone could to say to me at this stage was irrelevant. Not because I'm relying on him, but because I've proven to myself that I can make friends regardless of what names I've been called and such.
     Anyway, I'm waffling. Yes. A video call. During the call, he said to me, word-for-word, "dude we should totally turn camera on cuz that's all that's stopping us from being unstoppable ya know?" (note: read that in the best british accent u can. it's hilarious. if you're british that's cheating. ....i'malsobritish) So, due to it being out of the blue (and also on a call so I didn't have time to think about my response) I just said "Uh. Sure." Immediate regret.

     To no surprise, he had no shame at all. He turned his video on, all I saw was him and a very still camera, assuming he's using a computer of some sort, because no one has that steady of a hand for a mobile device. I was using a computer too, so it was pretty much the same for myself. I'd obviously seen him in his picture, and vice versa, but seeing him live speaking to me was an entirely different experience.

     I got to see everything. His laugh, his pout when I insult him, assisted by his dramatically folded arms. It was amazing, and so real. As if he was really right in front of me. I just. I don't know why it was so beautiful to me. But he was.