Chapter 12 | Arthur's P.O.V | His Voice

The call was something.. I'm not sure. It was certainly something.

     I've never in my life been an outgoing person, I've never been confident. But, for some reason, it was even worse with him. Though I felt comfortable naturally... I don't know how to explain it. My heart was racing as if he was going to judge me for every single moment. And as if what he thought of me mattered more than everyone else in the world combined.
     I don't know.

     I can't remember everything that happened in the call because it was last night, but I do remember him talking about my accent a lot. Apparently he doesn't know any English people, so I suppose it could be an experience.
     I didn't find much of an interest in his accent, to be honest. But his voice.. I don't know. It was so.. happy? I think. I don't know how to explain it, but you'd know if you heard it.

     We called for about four hours in total, which is good for our first ever call, I believe. Although a lot of it consisted of silence on my end. Not because I was feeling awkward or uncomfortable; quite the opposite, actually.

     During the call, though, we did talk about family.
     "So, who do you live with?"
     "Oh! I live with my mom, my step-dad and my little brother, Matt. How 'bout you, Artie?"
     "I- My name's not Artie. But I live with my mum and my three brothers. I can't say I get along with them very well, though, because I don't talk to any of them except my mum telling me it's time for dinner or something."
     "Wow! Do British families hate each other or something?"
     "No, of course not. I think it's just me."

     He also mentioned that his little brother has a "close friend" called (take your pick! :D it's to ship...).