Chapter 25 | Alfred's P.O.V | Plans

Okay bro, let's get this straight. My mom wants me to meet up with Artie like super bad, right? So her solution was for me to go as soon as we're both off for summer. My summer break started a few weeks ago but Britain's weird so they start it in July I guess.
     Mom says she's gonna pay for my flight ticket and everything though, which rocks! She's the best mom ever, hands down. It'll be expensive though... flights to England are expensive anyway especially last second like this! I guess she can afford it else she wouldn't have offered in the first place, but still... one of the biggest surprises to me about her idea is that she's not begging for him to come here! She always screams over his accent so it's a huge shock haha!

     When I told Artie that mom wants me to go over so soon, he sounded kinda scared. I dunno if I should take this as an insult or not... maybe I'm overthinking it. He'd need to clean, right? Yeah! That'll be it. To be honest, planning this whole thing has been a bit messy and he hasn't seemed as enthusiastic as I am about it the whole time so I'm honestly a bit on edge.
     However, he did start planning with me! This is a great sign because it means that he isn't against me coming, right? He would've made up an excuse otherwise! This is totally gonna happen.

      We decided to call to be able to plan better for this one. Mom and I sat together at my laptop in a video call with him as we figured it out. It was the first time Artie ever video called with mom so it was a cool experience for both of them I think!
     First plan: dates + which airport. Done. Flights booked and bought. Mom mentioned hotels but Artie said I can stay with him, which I was kinda hoping for so I'm glad... I really wonder if that will be okay though since his family are pretty restrictive. It must be okay though, else he wouldn't have said it!
     We came to the conclusion that I'll be staying there for two weeks - yay!

      What if I come back to America and I got like a British accent and stuff... that'd be sick! I'll start talking like Artie. He hated when I copy his accent but I'll do it anyway. I gotta fit in!

      After the planning was over and I played a game with Artie for a couple more hours, he went off to sleep. He has a much more regular sleeping schedule like me but I think he's a light sleeper because he wakes up during the night a lot. Can't relate! Once I'm gone I'm gone y'know like zzzzzzzz..............