Chapter 11 | Alfred's P.O.V | The Call

After returning from the park with my buds, I checked my phone for any last messages that I might have missed on the way home. Even though it was 10PM there and Arthur had likely fallen asleep by now (he's sleeps and awakens early).
     As anyone would have guessed, the only message I got was "Goodnight!". I told him that we should call tomorrow, but I think he only wants to do an audio call for now, which is fine! I'm excited to hear his accent. I bet it's cute. I mean. Awesome!
     I curled up into my bed with the covers up to my shoulders. I was so excited for tomorrow, it's unreal. I fell asleep and slept like a log through the night.

--

     The next morning, after having such an amazing night's sleep, I awoke in an awesome mood. I was running round like a headless chicken, according to my mom. She was confused to why I was so happy and so was I really. I just explained to her that I'm gonna be calling my British bud and I wanna hear the accent.
     My mom's never had a problem with me talking to strangers, dunno why. She said she trusts me to scare them away before they do anything to me. Not sure what that's supposed to mean exactly, but I'm excited anyway!!

     After eating breakfast, I realised it was 9AM. This is way too early for Arthur to be awake (and by that I mean about 2 hours too early). I went to my room and played games for the remaining two hours, but it was so hard to focus. I wonder what his voice sounds like! I bet his accent is adorable. Uh. Awesome! Why-

--

     11:30AM and I finally received a message from Arthur. He says he's eaten breakfast and is ready to call when I am.
     Upon telling him that I've been ready for two and a half hours already, I closed my door, turned off my console and sat on my bed.

     About five minutes later (I guess he was doing a pee check or whatever), I received a message telling me to call him, so I did. All I heard from the other end was a deep yet soft, quiet voice mumble "uh.. hello."

     I was right. His accent = adorable!