Chapter 17 | Alfred's P.O.V | Sleeping Beauty

When I gave it more thought, I figured that I should get Artie a cat from America. That way, if the cat really does have an accent, he'd have an American accent just like me! Like having a small and furry version of me run around his house (and scratch at his couch)!

     His mom might not like cats or something but I don't care! She should appreciate my cutie kitty!

     Oh yeah! So, it's been two weeks since my incident with Artie in the call. Fear not! Things are going great! We've been talking like everyday since that and nothing is awkward between us at all! If you can't tell already by what I just said, I was just speaking to him about cats again. He says that he enjoys cats but he doesn't think they like him -- so cute, Artie! Cats like nobody!

     Also, I think he's getting used to me calling him cute. I haven't gone a single day this week without saying it and I think he's starting to actually believe me too! I say that because, like, get this. Last night, he was calling me at 5PM my time, which is 10PM his time. Artie's totally an early bird, meaning he sleeps early and wakes up early (can't relate). Because of all that, he was so tired to say it was only 10PM. His sleepy voice? Literally the softest thing known to man. It's so amazing.
     Anyway, so, he fell asleep on the call at like half past. He's obviously not conscious with me anymore because he just fell asleep right there! The camera was on and everything, he just put his phone on his side and fell asleep. Because he was talking to me whilst laid in bed, he had his phone lent up against some books he had on his desk, so I could still see him. But that meant I could watch him sleep too!

     Not in, like, a creepy way! It's just that, ever since he started letting me call him cute I've had my eyes opened to all of the cute things that he actually does. Like, for example, he is like the most polite thing in the world. If I pretend to be insulted by something he says to me, even though he's totally aware I'm joking, he always apologizes to me. Because he's really friendly, when I talk about stuff that I love and he doesn't really care about at all, he smiles nicely and shows interest in whatever I'm saying! He also loves lions, I found out, and he lowkey gets all giddy and excited when talking about them. He's a total nerd and I love him for it!

     Artie actually thought that it was his fault that the awkward thing happened and whenever I mention feeling bad he always tells me off. Mom walked in one time whilst he was telling me off for it and laughed, saying that we sounded like a married couple.
     Also, on that note, my mom loves Artie! She's spoken to him a few times. When they were first introduced to each other, Arthur was really nervous like he is with new people, but mom totally understood that and did whatever she could to help him! She showed a lot of interest in whatever he was saying and asked a lot of questions about what it's like to live in Britain. I guess I get my love for British people from mom, haha!

     The next job on my list is to get Arthur to meet Matthew, my brother! I'm totally convinced that they'll love each other because they're both pretty shy so maybe they can relate? Or would it leave both of them blushing on their own without knowing what to say? Damn, I really hope it's not the second one.

     Before I did that, I guessed that I had to ask Artie what he thought of gay relationships (since Mattie is gay). I didn't want him to have a grudge against my brother after all! He really is cool!