Chapter 24 | Arthur's P.O.V | The Plan

I don't want to sound ungrateful, I really appreciate how Alfred wants to take the time out to visit me, but I can't help but feel guilty. I'm not a good tour guide, what if he comes to England and hates his time here because I can't show him around well enough? Luckily I do live in London so that's not off the list, but... what if he doesn't like his time here? I'd never forgive myself.
     Though, I have to admit, I am warming up to the idea... to start with, I wasn't allowing myself to enjoy the thought of him coming, partially because I don't want to get my hopes up but also because I feel like I don't deserve it... but now, I'm trying to ignore that. It feels good to imagine him staying at my house with me. I enver usually enjoy being at home, but with him I might...

Before he planned his trip, I intended to try to get over this crush. Better too early than too late. It would be hell if I still had this crush while he's here, it's not as if I can make any kind of move on him; he's straight. Besides, even if he wasn't, he'd be way out of my league and would never show an interest in me.
     Yeah. That's the plan. Get over it before it's too late. Before he starts to plan his trip. Get out of this while you probably still can.

     ..........And that's when it happened. These thoughts zooming through my mind as I lay in bed, all interrupted by my phone suddenly lighting up.

     It's Alfred. He was talking to his mother at dinner and they decided the best time would be towards the start of my summer holiday from school.
     ...that starts next week.

     Shit.