Chapter Thirteen: Cousin Attack

Start from the beginning

It was another average day at Youkai Academy and things were going smoothly. It was in the morning hours in which the Newspaper Club would pass out their newest editions for the student population at their school. Despite the craziness of the slug monster which almost got their latest edition destroyed, they managed to get it done on time and ready for publication. The front page article was all about the beloved Hitomi Ishigami and her insane beliefs on art making her petrify several students. At the front of the stand was the guy who found her out, Braedey Martin.

"Extra! Extra! Read all about it!" Braedey called. "Popular art teacher, Hitomi Ishigami on the lam for kidnapping and petrifying female students! Read all about it! Come and read the exploits of the Humiliating defeat of Chopper Rikishi against the mysterious Lion Fighter, Leobreaker! Come and get it folks, and remember: if you're not first, then you're the worst!"

Moka giggled at Braedey's enthusiasm as he passed out newspapers, and took payment for each one. "You seem to be enjoying things here, Braedey."

"Yeah. I never thought I'd enjoy being part of the school newspaper." Braedey smiled. "Of course, maybe it's the company." Moka blushed at what he was implying.

The story of how Hitomi Ishigami kidnapped and petrified those girls was hot news and everyone wanted to know all about it. Moka and Braedey were becoming celebrities themselves for being the ones to expose Hitomi's crime. As well as the defeat of the bully wrestler, Chopper. Thanks to Braedey's heroic escapades, ever since he arrived on campus, the Newspaper Club were selling like hotcakes. Kurumu and Mizore glared at Moka but continued with their work as did Yukari. However, things were about to take a turn for the worse, as the mood grew cold.

Braedey looked to see the students stepping back and making a path for a group of students who did not wear the standard green uniform. Instead, the male students were dressed in black and white coats as the female students were dressed in black and white jackets. Braedey cocked an eyebrow at them and also at the other students who seemed fearful of them.

"Who gave you permission to distribute newspapers here?" The male in the lead, a blonde with long hair, pale skin and dots for eyebrows, demanded.

"Who wants to know?" Braedey retorted

"The Student Police Committee." The blonde answered. "I am Kuyou, leader of the Student Police Committee."

"Braedey Martin. Nice to meet you." Braedey said, seemingly unfazed by the cold gaze the one called Kuyou was giving him, and held up a paper. "How about a paper?" He smirked. "It'll brighten your day."

Most of the students gasped and murmured at the audacity Braedey was showing, but the Transformatrix's wielder was unfazed. Even some of the students had to admit, even a few of Kuyou's men were a bit taken by Braedey's gutsy move. Kuyou and his gang were just bullies and nothing more. Kuyou smirked and snatched the newspaper away from Braedey's hand before leafing through it. With a snort, he dropped it on the ground and stomped on it.