Twenty Nine

Denzel sighed when he turned and half expected it to be someone his heart had been thinking of in a few days now.

It happening to be James.

"Bonaparte, please." He said to the bartender who gave his most polite smile and turned to the lined up drinks on the shelf.

James glanced at his cousin who silently ignored him and sipped his share of wine as though he were alone.

No e of them had spoken to each other since their awful fight and not like Denzel wanted it to be that way, but when James was acting like the big baby, the only solution was to let him be.

"This is getting way too old, don't you think?"
Denzel asked.

James glanced at him, after receiving the glass of wine from the bartender with a nod. "Well, that depends."

Denzel turned to him. "On what?"

James shrugged.

"Listen, brah this whole thing is too. . . We are way too big for all these. I see no reason why you should ignore me."

"Things aren't the same with us, Denzel. And you know that I don't joke when it comes to my enemies."

"I am not your enemy." Denzel pointed out.

"Aren't you? Wait, let's see. You slept with my fiance and then harbor her in your house while I was in jail and you think you are not my enemy?"

Denzel shut his eyes trying to think for a while. "James, I think we should worry more about finding Janelle than fighting. I don't think that this is what she wants from us right now."

James was so silent, one would think he didn't hear what his cousin just said.

Both men took their wine in silence, each deep in their own world. The voice of Davido featuring Chris Brown, singing Blow My Mind, blasting out from the stereo, filling up the room.

"I don't know what's going on, Denzel." James said first. Denzel turned to him. The young billionaire stared down at his drink like it held the answer to his questions.
"Everything going on, is so. . . Unusual. Things like this never happen. It has never happened before. I just hope she's okay, man."

Denzel sighed and leaned back in his seat. "Yeah, me too. Seems to me like someone is behind all these. Everything is happening so fast."

"Janelle had to go missing after I had just gotten out of jail. This whole things is. . ."

"Connected."
Denzel cut in.

James turned to him, like he was crazy. "Sorry?"

"I don't know, James. Don't freak out but, I just think. . . Maybe all these happening, has something to do with your engagement."
Denzle said and turned to his cousin.

James stared at him at first, then burst in laughter. Denzle looked embarrassed. He hadn't wanted to say it, but then he could keep it all in like that.
"Really? That's all you got? That's it, that's the only way you can tell me you have always wanted to be in my shoes?"

"What? No. You're misunderstanding me, James. Listen. . ."

"No, you listen, Denzel." James said, pointing a finger at him. "My regret is not finding out what kind of a low life scum you are all these years. But they say disappointments are always blessings. I'm glad I am able to discover the kind of a greedy man you are before you do worst."

"Jesus, James." Denzel began. "I'm only stating the obvious here."

"The only obvious here is your greed. I will marry Janelle as soon as she's found and you will seat at the front row to watch. I'll make sure I make a reservation for you there."
He placed the bill on the counter, worth his eyes on Denzel and walked out of the room.