Twenty Five

Thank you all who helped me track down the copywriter. For those who helped me search for the writer on Wattpad, those who gave me ideas on what to do and those who were kind enough to let me know that my book is being published elsewhere, Thank you so much!
Thanks to you all, I was able to rectify the issue and she unpublished it immediately.😁. Couldn't have done it without you guys, really 😘😘😘.

And I want to thank all of you for coming this far with me on this journey with The Morgans. Even though I have been busy recently with work and have to been able to update.

Well. . . Enjoy😁!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Twenty Five

Denzel looked around the room as if to be sure there wasn't any intruder that shouldn't be in there and that earned a smile from Janelle who walked in before him.

She turned around and laughed at him. He still had that serious and worried expression on his face. It was nice enough that her mother's let him come upstairs with her. James still insisted on driving her home, because obviously, he didn't want Denzel to do him the favours.

But Janelle's mother had reminded him that he had an appointment with the court today and wouldn't want to be found as a suspect he isn't. But it wasn't hard to dismiss the story stare he passed his cousin.

Janelle couldn't believe that she was the centre of this feud. She hadn't signed up for this. She had never wanted to be the one to break such brotherly love. She knew how hard it had been for Denzel and James to finally get along after his parents brought Denzel. And she didn't want to spoil that relationship.

But then, why was James making it all seem like Denzel was the bad guy here, she thought. No one is the bad guy, James just wants to make Denzel feel like shit. She still thinks James has a plan as to why he had to push the past aside like that. She knows James Morgan. A ruthless business tycoon like him never forgets a betrayal.

But the painful part of it all was that Denzel still doesn't have anything against him.

"What?"
He asked when he saw the amused expression on her face.

She giggled. "You. You seem to have forgotten that this is my house after all. I will be fine."
She said, walking over to him, her hand resting lightly on his shoulder.

He sighed. "I know. I'm just worried. This person seems to be good at what he does."

"He won't get me this time, trust me."

Denzel smiled, looking straight into her eyes. And whenever he did that, she knew what was to come next. She felt him reach for her hands and pulled back. Janelle shook her head. "This is wrong, Denzel. You and I are putting ourselves into more trouble than we already have."

"What is wrong? The fact that I love you or the fact that we can't stop the chemistry?"

She scoffed at him. "Chemistry? There is no chemistry, Dee. Listen, I don't even know if I still have two friends because apparently, Tara hates me right now. And James. . . I'm engaged to him. Dee, this whole thing between us is all wrong."
She pointed out.

Denzel pulled her by the hands. "Jay, listen. You and I can't stay away from each other. What makes you think that it will be possible when you get married."

"It will. Because, I will be a married woman and you can't touch your cousin's wife."

Denzel stared at her. She was right in a way. He wouldn't dare. He wasn't brought up that way. But the burning feeling he had for Janelle, that wasn't something he would overlook.
"Is this what you want?"