Author's Note!

My loves!
Once again, I want to thank you here and now for choosing my story. Again. And for those who haven't read my previous ones, thank you for deciding to this out.

Here is another story about love. I love LOVE!😂😂

I know, you might be thinking that I just love to write things that aren't real, but then hey, yeah I do. Because I love to imagine things a lot.

And for all my lovelies who follow my books all the time, I made a promise to y'all to write a sequel on HEALER'S TOUCH. Yep, I haven't forgotten.

But the thing is; I'm still putting that one together because I hate to bore people when jibberish. So, just hang in there for me while I put it in place, okay?😍😘

This story is one I've written last year. I want to share the wonders of my imagination to y'all😊.

It has a big lesson and I hope you will enjoy it like you've always enjoyed the rest.

Don't worry, I'm still writing my second book: GAMES BY DIM LIGHT and its almost finished. That's why I'm starting this one.

I know, you might want to hold onto one first and then come to this one, but its cool.

Okay, here's the part where I remind you. I hate being rude so, I'm going to say it the only nicest way I can: DO NOT STEAL MY STUFF! PLEASE, DO NOT COPY MY LINES AND DO NOT TRANSLATE MY BOOK INTO ANY LANGUAGE! I'M SERIOUS🙅🙅🙅

Before you start,I have a very important message for you🤗. THE BLACK BIRD is also available on Pabpub and Bambooks with links:
https://pabpub.com/books/893/
& https://bambooks.io/book/share/the-black-bird/14880

After The Engagement is also available on okadabooks, Pabpub and Bambooks with links:
https://bambooks.io/book/share/after-the-engagement/15039
(For Bambooks)
&
https://pabpub.com/books/669/
For Pabpub
We also have a forum for discussion on the book with link:
https://pabpub.com/messages/?b=forum::book::669_book_club

If you are available on these other platforms, please do not hesitate to drop your review on the book after Wattpad. It would mean a lot to me, to know about your thoughts on this book.
Happy Reading!

Thank you for your time and hope you enjoy this!

Love,
Mireya💕

There's a new book alert, did you know? It's Titled, The Grudge and trust me when I tell you, it is intriguing! Not what I ordered versus what I got, it is the real deal😁. Here's a bit of what you'll be seeing as you journey along with these complex yet interesting characters:

Bode said nothing. “You would rather gallivant around the neighborhood with those rascals you call friends, than helping out in the family. What good do you think you are doing to yourself?”

“Ókó mi–” Bode’s mother began

“fi mi lé joor!” Bode’s father cut in. “Doesn’t he know his place in this family?” He snapped at his wife instead. “He would rather walk about like a homeless he-goat, than put his head down and be useful to himself. What will he gain from moving around with those wayward touts? It is not like they teach him anything else than to steal from others!”

“Ah, my husband.”

Ignoring the pleas of his wife, he turned to his son who stood, now resting his weight on one foot, still looking away. “You small thief. Did I not raise you well? I have five boys and you decided to become the bad egg among them. How could you go to Baba Sege's shop and steal one of his leather belts? Are they not for sale? You won’t join in apprenticeship to learn anything and you still won’t be useful to yourself. Instead you would prefer stealing things that belong to people. Do you want to shame me? What do you want to use his leather belt for?”

          Bode frowned. His father’s lips were set in thin line as cold stares fixated on him, turned unreadable and distant. He balled his fist, tightened his knuckles until his fingers dug into his palms. His father must have seen the expression on his son’s face as an edgy laughter escaped Baba Leye's mouth. “You want to beat me abi?” He asked and nodded, pulling out the long belt he had specifically laid aside for the return of his son. “Since we now have two grown men in this house, one person must step down. And it cannot be me.”

The lashing sound of the whip on Bode's skin through the soaked T-shirt brought in a change in atmosphere around the room. The small standing fan at the wall beside the only window in the room, could only do as much. Mama Leye pulled Kemi from the scene ordering Jide to take his brothers outside, which he obliged. Bode watched his father’s reddened face and bulging eyes as he raised his hand with the belt. And then the widened eyes when his son stopped him from giving another lash. “How dare you?”

Baami said, pulling his grip off his son’s but Bode was determined to let the man know how much his anger was being suppressed. “Get out of my house!” Baami snapped at his son, pushing Bode hard enough to send his son hitting his head against something. “Out! If I see you here again, I will cut off your legs! Thief, get out of my house!”

Bode stormed out of the room, banging the door so hard he couldn’t look back to be sure it detached from its hold on the frame. He marched out through the passageway, ignoring Jide's whispers nor the frightened stares from Olamide and Rotimi. His eyes burned as he blinked several times, ignoring the sting coming from his left shoulder, the heat flushing through his body or his pounding heartbeat and speeding pulse, and persuading himself not to let the tears drop as he jerked the bicycle forward, ignoring his mother’s call.