Nine

I am so sorry, I have not been updating often. 😖. I think I should be flogged right? I have been busy and busy and I think that's a lame excuse enough.  I'm trying to see if I can write out a chapter before updating and that's not so easy, trying to blend in with work and all.

°°°

Janelle was heartbroken, trying so hard to forget what she had just seen in there. And it seemed like she was still hearing the moaning of both James and the bitch. She squeezed her eyes shut and covered her ears with her palms, so tight, her head was throbbing.

But she still heard them. Moaning loudly like two wolves on a full moon.

She turned around to leave, although a part of her wanted to walk in there and scream at them and possibly kill someone and face the consequence.

But she walked away still.

Her cellphone shook in her hands. She wanted to go downstairs and drink it all away, but she will have to pass the guys and Candace and her face will certainly give her away. She wasn't in the mood for some pity talk tonight.

She pulled out her cellphone, thinking of whom to call. The only person she had always ran to in times of need popped up in her head and she shook it off.

She slid down the wall of the hallway, ignoring anyone walking by and giving her side glances. Her make up was ruined, her mascara melted on her cheeks and she was sure she looked like a heartbroken panda.

But she didn't care.

He's probably too busy right now, she thought and scrolled up.

Candace wasn't picking her calls.
Maybe she's already having fun, she thought and tried to call Tara, but remembered that Denzel would be with her, she sighed and whimpered.

Janelle tried to close her eyes, but why does his naked body keep popping up in her head, with the body of the naked bitch?!

"Hello, Jay? Hello?"
The voice came in from the speaker of her phone.

Janelle jumped and looked down to see that she had mistakenly dialled Denzel's number.

"Shit!"
She whispered.

"Jay, are you okay?"
His voice came in again.

"Uh, Dee?" She said and sniffed. Damn it!

There was a brief silence from the other line and,
"Are you crying, Jay? What's the matter?"

That was all he had to do to make her break down. She tried to muffle her cry but he could hear it. Anyone could hear it. "It's. . . It's. . ."
She managed to say, but the words wouldn't form.

Denzel sighed. "Where are you?".
He almost whispered that. He understood. She could kiss him for that. Janelle didn't have to say it out.

"At the . . .h- hotel. Upstairs."
She stammered.

"Alright. Just stay there, I'm on my way."
And he hung up.

°°°

"I thought you said you owe me something, Denzel. Don't make me wait for it too long."
Tara said to him, not too long ago, after he watched Janelle walked upstairs to the rooms.

God knows what she was looking for. Or, maybe she had to meet James.

He knew James had gone that way and it was only logical that she had gone after him.

Couples. He thought and shook his head.

Tara frowned and searched his face. "No?"

He looked up at her, finally noticing that she was still here with him. Ethan and Douglas had both gone off to talk to some ladies that just stepped into the bar.
"Oh, no. Not that. I mean. . . Yeah, what did you say?"