Twelve

"Ma'am, you have a visitor."
The tiny voice of one of the female maids, cut into Janelle's imagination and her hand stopped mid air while trying to get another design.

She was going to design her own ball gown to wear after her church wedding, but the image kept getting blurry the more she tried to get it out.

She turned to face the slim mid -twenties ebony beauty and blinked. It was a Saturday and she had made up her mind to stay in today and focus on her designs. There was still a while lot of dresses to make and she needed to make it up before her wedding. At least, that's why she had left all her wedding plans in the hands of a wedding planner.

She glanced from her maid to the blank page with her lips forming an 'O' sign. Her neck ached and only God knows why.

She winced, placed her palm at the back of her neck and rubbed gently.
This will only go away with the help of a missus, she thought and turned back to the maid with a slight smile.
"Who is it?"

"Mr. James, ma'am."

Her smile varnished. "Oh."

Before she could form the words or an excuse, a head of James appeared at the door frame, followed by his hole body. He stood there in a blue well tailored business suit which fit into his body like a second skin, hands in his pocket and his head slightly tilted to the side as if he was studying her.

He looked like a model without trying.

"Hey, Janelle."
His bold voice sliced into her thoughts. She knew she was going to face him one way or another, but she hadn't prepared to see him this morning.

She turned back to her blank page and fiddled with her pencil, rolling it between her thumb and her fore finger. "Leave us, Evie."
She said to the maid.

"Yes, ma'am."

Soon, they were all alone and yet she still couldn't look up at him. Her face turned into a frown and her gaze bore holes into her paper.

She heard the soft footstep of James. The majestic strides of James Morgan. And then his cologne wafted through her nostrils.

"Janelle, I. . .came to. . ."

She stood up abruptly, cutting him off with her sharp turn towards the window. "I don't want to talk about this now, James."

He sighed. "I know you're upset. . ."

"Upset?" She spun to face him. "That's an understatement. I'm furious. I'm mad. I can't face you right now, because the mere sight of you reminds me of how she moaned last night while you were banging her!"
It took all her willpower to pour all that out.

Last night, all she could think of, was how he had slept with that lady. The fact that she witnessed it, was just too much.

James pinched the bridge of his nose and looked up, sighing as well as looking around again, thinking of how to start.

"I was horny, Janelle."

"You were horny." She repeated and scoffed. "Fuck you, James. You are just another bastard."

She moved away from the window, walked past him towards the door, but he pulled her back, spun her around to face him.

"Get your hands off me, you disgust me!"
She snapped.

"I already explained what happened, Janelle. What else do you want me to say?"

She paused and looked at him. "That's all you have to say? For being unfaithful, that's the least you can say? That you're horny?"
She snatched her hands off his grip and glared at him.