Eighteen

She was completely lost in her own world, tracing invisible lines on the tattoo at the left side of his chest while they lay on the floor in silence. What just happened was something none of them had dreamed would happen. And not now. At least she's sure he was thinking the same thing because even after that passionate lovemaking in his living room, no one was saying anything.

How had a simple discussion about designs led from funny to jealous then passionate all of a sudden? Janelle should have been sleeping with James. But she had never slept with James since she got engaged to him and one part of her only wanted to paint this picture with the sexually frustrated brush.

Denzel chuckled and she lifted her gaze at him. He smiled down at her. "I should be hanged."
He said to her.

She smiled, then laughed and that was enough to raise a laughter between them. What in the world is funny? The fact that they are both going to hang when James finds out.

"I should leave." She said, pushing off him and looking around for her undies which should be God knows where.

He frowned and sat up. "What happened?"

"Nothing. I just. . . I need to go, Denzel. My mum probably needs me now."
She said, shaking her head at the shabby excuse to cover her guilt.

Yes, her guilt. Guilt for sleeping with her fiancé's cousin and still feeling horny to go another round after two.
Guilty that she was still determined to get married no matter what. She snatched her panties and pulled them on.

"Wait, Jay. Hold on."
Denzel said, holding her so he could see her face. "Listen, I'm sorry for this. It shouldn't have happened."

"No, it is not your fault. I'm the one who started it."

Denzel stared at her for a while. Janelle knew that he regrets this as much as she does. But then why was she still feeling bad that he regretted it? Why was she also feeling bad that she did it? Why was she so damn confused?

Oh, maybe because you slept with your friend's secret love and your fiancé's cousin! A voice yelled in her head.

Janelle pushed herself up like the floor had suddenly been too hot for her to sit. "I have to go."

"No, Janelle. We have to talk about this."
She looked up at him. He hadn't called her by her full name in a long time. He was still naked which was obvious enough to her. Janelle turned around for her jeans.

"No, there's nothing to talk about, Denzel."

"There's nothing. . .Are you serious right now?"

"Yes, I am." She snapped at him, spinning around to look him in the eyes. "What's there to talk about. We are both adults and we can tell when we made a mistake, right?"

"A mistake?"

"This is a mistake, Dee. If it isn't to you, it is to me. I am still your cousin's fiancée! And you are. . .still my friend. Thus shouldn't have happened."

"But it did. What do you mean by that? You're going run off and avoid me again like you did the last time?"

She scoffed and shook her head. "I'm not that naïve anymore."
She muttered.

"Maybe more, I guess."
He said and she spun to look at him.

"What did you say?"

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair, reached for him pants and pulled them on. She had already gotten into her shirt and was reaching for her flats, when he pulled her from behind to sit on his laps. "Jay, listen."