H O L D T I G H T

In which Jungkook realizes he's not willing to let Taehyung go. He falls in love with him and his siblings, because life before them was so colorless. Now, he can't help but dream of rainbows.

~•~

"Are we going to the zoo?!" Ha-Won asked excitedly.

The small four year old was bouncing more than walking due to her obvious satisfaction. Even the usually unexpressive Moonbin was grinning at the notion of seeing all the different creatures. The younger actor heard the kids conversing about how much they wanted to see elephants. So, in order to make sure the two had fun, he looked up the nearest zoo.

Fortunately, Daegu was known for Dalseong Park, which also doubled as a zoo.

"I've never been there and figured you two might really like to see the animals." Jungkook said with a nod.

"Jungkook-ah, don't you think it's too cold for the zoo?" Taehyung asked with a tinge of concern to his voice.

Fifty-five degrees wasn't exactly warm weather, but for November it was a nice temperature. The wind wasn't blowing frequently and most people had left their hats and gloves at home.

"It'll be fine. It's not that bad out, but we won't stay long. Right guys?" Jungkook asked and the siblings nodded.

Taehyung's worry lessened considerably after knowing that the kids wouldn't be out in the cold for a long time.

"Okay. You two better behave and when Jungkook and I say it's time to go, don't make a scene." Taehyung warned them sternly, but his voice held no real malice and the children agreed without argument.

"Okay. Now go have fun and Moonbin hold your sister's hand!" Jungkook added and then finally the two ran toward the elephant enclosure.

Jungkook was right behind them making sure that they were always in his sights. Even when they stopped at a gift shop to get the kids some stuffed animals, Jungkook had held onto both of their hands protectively.

Taehyung smiled at how dutifully the younger watched over his siblings. Almost like they were his own. He had been somewhat wrong in his assumption that Jungkook wouldn't like kids. He wasn't extremely knowledgeable because he had no younger siblings or cousins. But it was apparent that he cared and would try his best. That's all Taehyung could have ever asked for. Surely, sporting two young kids would cramp any twenty-year old's style, but the younger took it in stride and actually seemed to be enjoying himself.

The co-stars hung back slightly and let the kids explore and marvel at everything. Conversation flowed easily between them, like always, and Taehyung had laughed so hard at Jungkook's jokes that he cried. Eventually, everyone had gotten cold and hungry so they decided to call it a day at the chimpanzee exhibit.

The two men walked hand in hand with their fun-sized companions and ducked gratefully into a warm restaurant close to the park. Since they were all trying to force some warmth back into their bones, they ordered Sundubu Jjigae. The spicy soft tofu-meat-seafood-filled soup was a winter go to that was guaranteed to draw out any chill. The kids had become immersed in drawing on their paper menus with crayons, which left the elders with a chance to talk uninterrupted.

"They had a great time today. I can't believe Moonbin talked so much with you. And Ha-Won was so well behaved. I usually have to put up a fight to get her out of that park. Thank you so much for letting them come." Taehyung said in a quiet voice that only Jungkook could hear.

"How could I have said no with Ha-Won giving me those puppy eyes? Besides, they're really great kids. I enjoyed them. I just hope you had fun too." Jungkook spoke with a permanent grin and the elder decided that he liked it most when Jungkook looked that way. Happy.