P R I N C E S A N D P R I N C E S S E S

In which the young prince, Jungkook, gets rivaled by the shining night, Hoseok, all while fighting for the affections of Princess Taehyung.

~•~

The five young men had landed back in Seoul just before 7am and already the airport was bustling.

Jungkook and Taehyung were side by side, per usual. Namjoon and Yoongi had been deeply engaged in an important conversation regarding the idol's schedules for the next few weeks. Surprisingly, Seokjin was absent from his usual place beside Namjoon. Instead, he walked behind the group in long confident strides and surveyed everyone's faces.

Jungkook was always mystified by how he could be so cuddly one minute and so commanding the next.

The group made it through baggage claim with no fuss. Jungkook wasn't surprised that no fans had spotted them. Everyone, except for Seokjin, had dyed their hair prior to the trip. Jungkook and Taheyung were required to do so for the movie, and their Hyungs didn't want to be left out.

Taehyung had been in a much better mood since he and Jungkook talked. He even joked and poked fun at his co-star, which spurred a round of their loud banter.

"I can carry my own bag, Jungkook. This isn't a Disney movie, so stop treating me like Cinderella." Taehyung argued as Jungkook shouldered his duffel bag and pulled Taehyung's suitcase behind him.

"Oh I'm Sorry. I thought princesses liked gentlemen?" Jungkook replied and gave Taehyung one of his huge bunny-toothed smiles.

"Very funny, Prince Charming, but your spells won't work on me." Taehyung countered as they reached the curb and put down their bags.

"You wanna bet on that Princess?" Jungkook asked with a teasing smirk and a flicker of mirth in his eyes.

His brown orbs bore holes into Taehyung as he turned to him abruptly.

Taehyung was slow to react. The mere centimeters between their bodies and the fast beat of his heart left him mute.

"Uh. I-" Taehyung stuttered before being cut off.

"Taehyung-ah!!" A young man, who seemed to be much older then both co-stars, shouted from his car as he pulled in to park.

The older Hyungs instantly started to move toward the vehicle, and Jin helped get their bags into the trunk.

"Hobi, you came!" Taehyung exclaimed and the man embraced him in a quick, slightly awkward, hug.

"Why wouldn't I come pick up my TaeTae from the airport?" The man, who Jungkook assumed was Hoseok, replied playfully.

"Jungkook, this is Hoseok, my bodyguard. Hoseok, this is Jungkook, my co-star." Taehyung introduced the pair and Jungkook merely stared at Hoseok while giving the tiniest bow.

"It's nice to meet you. I wish you success on the movie role." Hoseok said politely after bowing back.

Jungkook nodded and grumbled a 'thanks'.

Before Hoseok could engage him in conversation, Taehyung had asked Hoseok a question about some dance performance.

Amidst the excitement, the younger co-star's presence faded from the awareness of the other two. Nonetheless, he remained close to Taehyung and the two almost brushed shoulders. After being ignored for some minutes, Jungkook cleared his throat to gain attention before speaking.

"I'm going to put these in the car." Jungkook said curtly before picking up both of their things. "It's okay Jungkook. I can take my bag. Hoseok will help me." Taehyung said, halting Jungkook's actions momentarily.

The younger could feel annoyance pricking under his skin, but it wasn't necessarily toward his co-star.

"No, I said I would do it. It's fine." Jungkook quickly dismissed his statement.

"But Hoseok's here now. He can-" Taehyung started to refute and it nearly sent Jungkook over the edge.

"I don't need him to do anything for you. I'm taking the bag so enjoy your conversation and stop being so damn stubborn." Jungkook snapped but somehow kept his voice fairly leveled.

To Hoseok, he might've just seemed like a stubborn brat, but Taehyung knew that it was deeper than that. He wasn't sure why, but he knew that Jungkook was bothered about something.

"Fine. Fine! Just take it. Don't start being grouchy." Taehyung said and released his grip on the suitcase, allowing Jungkook to roll it away.

"Woah, what a rude brat. That's your co-star?" Hoseok stared at Jungkook, who was angrily packing the trunk, in disbelief.

"He's not a brat.. just rude sometimes. And really, really annoying. But sometimes he has his moments. Moments when he's considerate, understanding and patient even. I know he doesn't look like it, but he's actually a great guy. Just a little rough around the edges." Taehyung gazed at Jungkook, and a small, unconscious smile made its way across his face.

Taehyung didn't notice how Hoseok's eyes burned into his skull, nor did he realize that the emotion behind them was..

jealousy?