S A V E M E

In which Taehyung can't help that he cares and Jungkook can't help but thank him.

~•~

Taehyung hummed a low tune to himself as he rounded the corner of their second set of the day.
The filming had gone extremely well and everyone was in good spirits when they wrapped up that night.

He spotted Yoongi and started to call out to him, but halted instantly at the sound of someone's name.

"Yeah Jin. Bring the car around 12am. Hopefully we can break out early before they force Kookie to drink too much.... I know he can't, but what am I supposed to do?! They've been super accommodating.... Well the least we can do is have a round with them.... Okay, if he looks like he's getting sick, we'll just make up an excuse.... Yeah, okay. We're coming." He said into the receiver before hanging up.

He made eye contact with Taehyung and gave a small smile.

"Hey. Seokjin is bringing the car around. You and Namjoon are ready to go right?" He inquired after making his way over to the younger.

"Yeah, we're ready. He's coming now." Taehyung said before biting his lip.

He felt bad for eavesdropping on Yoongi's conversation, but he was also worried for his co-star. Surely, he was no drinker himself.

But what if Jungkook gets sick?

The thought made Taehyung extremely upset, because it would disrupt the filming.

Of course that was the only reason that his chest constricted at the thought of his co-star being ill.

"I'm so tired from our first day... Hyung, do we really have to go out with the director tonight?" Taehyung whined as the five of them neared the lounge their coworkers invited them to.

"You said earlier that you were excited because you haven't been out in a while. What changed?" Namjoon turned to look at his brother from the front seat, a concerned look on his face.

"I just don't feel like it anymore.." Taehyung said with a grumble as the car pulled to a stop.

He hated when his older brother got all inquisitive about why he was "being a brat".

He was tired, but maybe he also felt bad that Jungkook would have to drink that night.

Nobody seemed to pick up on his true sentiments, but Yoongi did not stop side-staring at Taehyung the whole way inside. The four of them plus Jin, as per Namjoon's request, turned quite a few heads when they entered the swanky bar.

Immediately a hostess lead them to the lounge area where the other crew members were waiting, rounds of drinks already empty.

"Hey, we've been waiting like an hour! What took you guys so long?" The obviously drunk assistant director shouted as soon as the men were in his sights.

"I'm sorry. We stopped to check into our hotel before coming here. We didn't get a chance this morning." Seokjin said after they all bowed respectfully to the staff members.

They might have actually been able to skip out on that outing if their rooms were ready. But when they checked in, the receptionist had said that it would take a few hours. Taehyung had secretly been moping since then. He was sure that if he complained of being tired when they got to the hotel, they would stay in. His plan had failed miserably and the disappointment was evident.

"Alright, just sit and have a drink. Everyone worked hard today, especially our amazing leads!" The director slurred his praises to everyone who in turn clapped and cheered, all except Jungkook and Taehyung who were both dreading that night for similar reasons.