67. To have, and have not...

Start from the beginning

"So that leaves you...?"

"I don't know..."

"As I said, it's early. Take some time to think it over, maybe talk to someone but please, and I can't stress this enough; whatever you decide, let it be your decision."

At the house, Elliot had gotten home and filthy from field exercises, decided to grab a shower while Lizzy was with Serena. It turned out not to be such a good idea since Serena was at the bathroom door, and knocked, looked under the door and yelled into the bathroom for Elliot to come out while she stood holding her blanket.

"Daddy?" She called to him, trying to look under the door

"Yes, Serena?" He answered, laughing, so amused as he wrapped the towel on his waist

"Comin?"

"In a minute honey" He was drying his hair and went to grab his comb when he knocked the toothpaste fell to the side of the countertop and her bent to get it. He spotted the trash can which was obscuring the toothpaste so, he moved it, revealing not only the toothpaste, but something else...

"Serena..." Lizzie scolded gently, taking the toddler in her arms. "Sorry daddy" she yelled.

"My da-dee, Leassie..."

But Elliot was too much in shock to respond. He nervously picked up the pregnancy test from the floor and stared at it. Specifically staring hard at the word 'pregnant' sitting proudly in the test window. 'Holy shit!' he thought, bursting into tears with happiness as he held the test in his hand. He had to sit down! And he did, on the lid of the toilet lid. He was absolutely dumbfounded.

Downstairs, Lizzie had locked the gate to the stairs then carried the baby into the kitchen. While outside, Olivia saw that not only was Serena and Lizzie back, but Elliot was home as well.

"Shit!" She cried. She couldn't get these damn tears to stop, and she sat in her car for a moment to straighten up before going in. Minutes later, she checked her eyes in the overhead mirror, wiping them free of any tears, then reaching for the glove compartment for eye drops. She came through the door and Serena came running on her chubby little legs going so fast and she laughed while Lizzie chased after her.

"Mommy, mommy!" She cried happily as she ran straight to Olivia who caught her in her arms and picked her up, squeezing her tight.

"Hi my sweetness!" Olivia sang as she spun her around, kissing her. "Were you a good girl for your sister?"

"I good gole."

"Partly," Lizzie said smiling. "I got your note, and I thought you'd be a little tired when you got back so Serena and I got dinner started and then I fed and bathed her. Right Serena?"

"Wight Leassie!" She said and gave Elizabeth a high five as she laid her head on Olivia's chest.

"...give it another forty minutes in the oven, and it should be good to go."

"You are such an angel! Lizzie, thank you." Olivia said and hugged her.

"You're very welcome. Thanks for letting me do my laundry."

"Mommy, I yamas!" Serena said to her, pulling at her shirt to show off the pajamas that she was wearing.

"So I see. All ready for sleep, huh?"

"Very ready.." She kissed Liv and Serena, and mussed Serena's hair. "Daddy's upstairs in the shower, tell him I'll try to see him on the weekend." She said, grabbing the basket from the couch.

"My da-dee!" Serena said sleepily, ever possessive of Elliot.

"Our daddy" Lizzie said with a gentle poke to Serena's belly that caused the child to giggle.