77.Enough

Chapter 77

"Please tell me you've heard from Liv,"

"I have and she's safe" Fin told Elliot as he entered the house, and Elliot shut the door behind him looking so relieved but still worried. "I just dropped her off at a hotel. I tried to get her to come home, but she needs time to let this all sink in."

"I need to talk to her. I can-"

"El, stop. She's not in the mood to talk, and you have to give her some space. I just came to let you know that she's safe so you wouldn't worry."

"She hasn't called me. And all of my calls to her have gone straight to voi-" Elliot cut himself short when he saw Serena making her way down the stairs, in her pajamas.

"Hi Uncle Fin!" She smiled brightly. Fin couldn't help but melt whenever he saw her, and immediately picked her up.

"Who do we have here?" He grinned as she hugged him tight, then pulled back, laughing.

"It's me, Serena!" She smiled brightly, looking so much like her mother.

"Oh, that's right!"

"And Serena should be in bed," Elliot interjected.

"I tried to go to sleep, but I couldn't. Daddy, I want mommy,"

Elliot and Fin looked at each other before Fin spoke,

"You know what, baby girl? I bet if you tried really hard to go to sleep, the sleep fairy would leave you a nice present."

Serena was intrigued.

"The sleep fairy??" she asked excitingly. She needed info on this fairy that Uncle Fin just revealed to her.

"Yep. 'comes when kids are having a hard time getting to sleep,"

"What does she do? What does she look like?"

"Heee looks just like uncle Fin, handsome and fly..."

...

With the way he drove back to his farmhouse, calm and collected, nobody would have ever thought he'd just murdered two people. Listening to his scanner, waiting for a mention of the two bodies found in the alley, it was all he could do to not burst into laughter at the absolute joy he felt as he patted his coat pocket where both Kathleen and Richards' identification lay. He'd already taken the sim cards from both their phones, broken them and dumped them in a drain on his way out of the city.

"...should slow down the cops a little. My secret stays safe, and Stabler; ohhhh-sweet-Mary's-pussy, to see his face when he finds out that his precious daughter is dead...just the beginning for you, fucker. Just the beginning!"

...

In an alley where she cut through to get to the other side of the block faster in the rain, holding her umbrella, Haru Abara ran through the narrow space when she tripped, almost falling over a woman's high-heeled boot. A boot that when she looked down, her eyes slowly traveled the ground and she saw the leg that that boot was attached to, and the sickening scene that lay around it. So much blood! Even with the rain, you couldn't escape it.

Immediately, Haru began to scream at the top of her lungs, before her senses came back to her and she pulled out her phone, dialing nine-one-one as she looked at the massacre in front of her, the man lying there against the dumpster and obviously dead with his throat slit ear-to-ear... was that a knife in his hand?

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

Just as she was about to beg for help, a hand reached out and touched her leg letting a frightened Haru know that the woman was still alive, barely, but alive as she spoke weakly: