49.Brewing

I'm thinking about including an alternate ending when this story is done. Would you guys want to see it? Let me know. Anyway, chapter 49, Dick Wolf owns the SVU characters.

.

*chapter contains rape*

"It's been hours..." Elliot said, staring at the grandfather clock in his living room.

"Don't say it!" Nick spoke as the three men paced around the room.

"Don't say what? She hasn't called, she's not picking up her phone and nobody's seen her!" Fin said angrily. She couldn't go through this again; they couldn't go through this again. No, there had to be an explanation for this, he just didn't know what it could be. He had called everyone and everywhere that he could think of. Elliot had even called all the nearest hospitals and no one had seen her, then finally, in desperation, they had gone to the hospital where Brian was and spoke to his mother but the response they got was less than favorable.

"What? She's disappeared? And you expect me to believe it's just coincidence that she does so two days before the judge reads those results? I don't know what kind of game you all are playing..."

"I assure you Mrs. Cassidy, it's not a game." Nick said, trying to be much more calm than he felt. Who the hell did this woman think she was?

"This from the man who pulled a gun on my boy?" She reminded Nick, pissing him off even more.

"Mrs. Cassidy, look-" Elliot started but was quickly cut off.

"No, you look; you can play house with her all you want, I don't care, but if she's not back here by Monday..."

"Thank you Mrs. Cassidy!" Elliot said, his nerves beyond irritated, and stormed out.

Now they had run out of options and still, nothing!

"I knew I shouldn't have left her alone; she wasn't thinking straight!"

"What are you talkin about?"

"Yesterday she got a letter from the cop that raped her... He killed himself and he wanted to; I didn't know until last night when she read it; whatever was in that thing, it upset her so bad that she started talking about giving the baby away"

"So it wasn't hormones..." Nick said.

"What do you-"

"Fin and me came over earlier today and it was obvious that she'd been crying but she said it was her hormones. We let it go, and went to Amanda's and that was that! I can't believe she'd wanna give up the baby, I mean; that's a bit harsh over a letter!"

"Believe me, I know this. She's scared and upset; she doesn't mean it...she just doesn't know it!" Elliot said.

"Look, maybe she just wanted to be left alone to figure things out!" Fin said, hoping again. Elliot was about to speak when suddenly his phone alerted him to a text message.

[I'm alright. Needed some time away before the baby comes and my life changes; please don't try to find me and let Tutuola and the squad know as well.]

"What the hell is this?!" He spat, shocked and angered, turning the phone around so that Fin and Nick could see. "is this somebody's idea of a joke?" He said as they read the message.

"I can count on one hand the amount of times that Liv's called me Tutuola!" He said as Elliot then started dialing on the phone. "I hope you're calling who I think..."