30.Her Decision II

Told you I'd be updating this regularly. Back with part 30...can't say that Bronwyn, Doc or Harlan dies but just wait on it, they've got something coming, I promise. On another note, you'll see a new character. Anyway, Dick Wolf owns, enjoy.

.

*chapter contains rape*

.

"I'm on my way back now" Elliot said to Nick as he drove carefully through New Jersey. The rain of the last two days hadn't let up and was coming down even harder in this part of town and it was all he could do to not crash the car he was driving. "How's she doing?"

"She slept for a while but the doctor's examining her now, the contractions have all but stopped so that's good." He looked down the hall and saw Brian coming towards the nurses station; flowers in hand. "Elliot, I'll see you when you get here." He said and hung up but before he could go to meet Brian halfway down the hall, the doctor appeared from Olivia's room and caught his attention.

"Is she...?"

"She's doing fine; the medicine seems to be doing its job, so that's a good thing." The doctor said.

"What about the contractions? I mean they're comin every 45 minutes or so but they're still comin."

"Down from every 30 minutes; they'll get further apart and they'll stop completely, in the meantime just keep her calm and let the medicine do its job. I'll be back to check on her in an hour."

"Thanks doc." she smiled as she left and Brian reached him. "What are you doing here?" Nick was still angry from Brian leaving to undercover and now here he was just showing up!

"I came to see Liv, she awake?" Nick just looked at him. "Hello? ...to hell with this" Brian said as he went past Nick to go to Olivia. Nick stopped him as his hand touched the door.

"Wait...I'll see if she wants you here!" He said before he went inside the dimly lit room, looking back at Brian as the door closed.

***

"Nick, would you give me a cup of water please?" Olivia called quietly from the bed where she sat up, the many monitors still attached to her and the baby.

"Sure" he said as he poured a cup from the pitcher on the night table and handed it to her. She took a couple sips and handed him the cup that he put back on the night table beside the pitcher.

"Thanks" she said, placing her hands back across her tiny exposed bump to feel her baby.

"Still there?" Nick joked as he sat beside her.

"So far" she joked back, quickly losing the moment and instead shifting to get comfortable.

"So uh... Cassidy's outside"

"Brian?"

"Yeah, he wants to see you and I wanna know that that's okay with you, cuz if not...I don't want him upsetting you." She sat in thought for a brief moment, running her hand over her baby. "Liv?"

"It's okay, you can...it's okay."

"You sure?"

"I am" although she wasn't, but she had to start somewhere.

"Okay; I'll be right outside." He said and got up to leave. "Go on in." He told Brian who in turn gave a snicker as he went in.

"Hey!" He greeted when he was well inside. Olivia looked up at him and momentarily wished that she could run away somewhere, just as long as she wasn't in this place right now. "How're you doin?" he was greeted by the sound of the baby's heartbeat filling the room although he didn't know what he was hearing.